Good news! Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships is currently open.There are approximately 1, 000 Heinrich Böll Foundation International Scholarships for Undergraduates, Graduates, and PhD Students to study at Universities in Germany. Promoting democracy and upholding human rights, doing what is necessary to avert the destruction of the global ecosystem, advancing equality between women and men, securing peace through conflict prevention in crisis zones, and guarding the liberty of general public against extreme state and economic authority – these are the goals that drive the ideas and actions of the Heinrich Böll Foundation. We uphold close ties to the German Green Party (Alliance 90/The Greens) and as a think tank for green visions and projects, we are part of an international network encircling well above 100 partner projects in approximately 60 nations.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation works autonomously and cultivates a spirit of intellectual candidness. They maintain a universal network with currently holding around 30 international offices. They work together diligently with 16 state-level Böll Foundations in each of the Germany’s federal states, and they assist gifted, socio-politically engaged undergraduate and graduate scholars in Germany and overseas.
- 1st March 2021
- 1st September 2021
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International Countries
Country Location: Universities, Universities of Applied Sciences, or Universities of the Arts in Germany
Accepted Subject Areas: Any subject area is applicable
The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships is to be given to around 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral scholars of all subjects and nationalities each year, who are aiming for their studies at universities, universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’), or universities of the arts (‘Kunsthochschulen’) in Germany.
The special focus regions for international students are Central and Eastern Europe, EU neighborhood countries, the CIS the Middle East and North Africa transition, newly industrialized countries, and conflict regions worldwide.
Conditions for Selection: Scholarship receivers are to possess outstanding academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an energetic interest in the rudimentary values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human constitutional rights, self-determination and justice.
Eligibility for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
The following overall prerequisite apply to foreign student candidates (except EU citizens) who wish to study in Germany:
- Applicant must be admitted at a state-recognized university or college (e.g. Fachhochschule) in Germany at the period the scholarship payments start.
- Applicants should deliver proof that they have already graduated with an initial professional qualification. This program chiefly supports students targeting for a Masters degree.
- Applicants need a decent knowledge of German, and require you provide evidence of their proficiency. Beware that the selection workshop (interviews, group discussions) will usually be in German. Exceptions (interview in English) are, though, possible.
- Unfortunately, the present procedures stipulate that the foundation cannot support foreign scholarship receivers for stays overseas in third countries for beyond four weeks.
- Applicant should certainly apply for a scholarship before the beginning of your studies, in order to certify long-term support and cooperation.
- The Heinrich Böll Foundation cannot give you a grant, if you are studying for a one-year Masters degree and were not formerly funded by the foundation.
- Submissions are possible before you start your study program or within the first three semesters.
- Contenders must provide confirmation that they have been admitted as a doctoral student by an institution of higher education in Germany or an EU country (for doctoral scholarship).
Number of Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships: Approximately 1000
Length of Scholarship: Scholarship will be presented for the period of the undergraduate, Masters or Doctoral program.
How to Apply for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
The application form will be finished online; extra application documents will be submitted as PDF.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for Details on Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships.