Good news! GrEEn Incubation and Acceleration Program is currently open. Here is an opportunity to source support for the development and expansion of your green business.
- Application closing date for the first cohort: 4th December 2020
- Application closing date for the second cohort: 29th January 2021.
The Program will help businesses and start-ups who are at beginning stages of development (pre-revenue) to make better use of natural resources, be energy efficient, properly manage waste and pollution, among others, and operate profitable business ventures. The incubation program will be run by four partner hubs in the Ashanti region and three partner hubs in the Western region.
What is a green business?
A green business is that which adds to protecting and repairing the natural environment, and reduces any harm caused to it. It can include one or all of the following aspects:
- Efficient use of resources, e.g. energy, water
- Protection of natural resources, e.g. soil, water, forests, biodiversity
- Decrease of waste and losses (particularly in relation to food crops) along the value chains: e.g. via solar drying, solar cooling facilities
- Promoting the circular economy, e.g. re-use, upcycling, recycling
- Reduction of carbon emissions
- Resilience against climate change, e.g. conservation agriculture and climate-smart agriculture
- Reduction of waste and pollution
The program purpose at serving and strengthening enterprises in:
- Eco-inclusive business model development
- Financial management
- Product development
- Access to Finance
- Market development and linkages
- Business regulatory compliance
- Investment readiness (under the Acceleration Programme)
- Agriculture, as well as climate smart agiculture, agri-businesses and agro-processing.
- Energy, as well as clean cooking, solar systems, energy efficiency.
- WASH, as well as waste management, water purification, recycling, cleaning and sanitary products production.
Eligibility for GrEEn Incubation and Acceleration Program
- The proprietor(s) of the business has be around the aged of 15 to 35 years. (*Women can be beyond the age of 35 but not beyond the age of than 40)
- The business has to possess an groundbreaking product or service in the sector of Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- The owner of the business must be inhabitant and have their business situated in the Ashanti or Western Region for at least six (6) months
- The enterprise must be of a green or eco-inclusive model
- The start-up must have a high prospective for the creation of jobs among the youths
- The enterprise must have been registered for a minimum of two (2) years. Exclusions will be the case for unregistered enterprises with an evidence of concept of an innovative solution or product. The business can be for-profit or not-for profit, but the product/service offered must be financially viable
- The entrepreneur must be available for the duration of the program and must be able to attend at least 80% of all program activities.
- The entrepreneur must not be engaged in any conflicting program for the duration of the incubation program. A conflicting program may be another program providing incubation and acceleration and/or business development services.
Precedence will be offered to women-led and -owned enterprises or businesses that aids the growth and comfort of women. Women-led and Women-owned businesses are particularly heartened to apply.
Eligible Countries: Ghana
Number of Awards: Not specified
Benefits of GrEEn Incubation and Acceleration Program
- Get six (6) months business growth funding from our partner hubs
- Get contact with industry professionals and prosperous businessmen/women (local and international) who will act as mentors
- Improved access to backing (financing) – via innovative monetary services as crowd funding, concessional financing, etc.
- Market ties to matching service providers and actors in the green ecosystem
- Peer-to-peer networking and exchanges
- Professional assistance to attain business development and expansion (Acceleration Program)
The GrEEn Incubation and Acceleration Programconsist of;
- Online and offline training periods in business model growth, leadership, money management, marketing and sales, etc.
- Training and mentoring by industry professionals and prosperous businessmen/women
- Pitching sessions with investors and financial institutions
- Chance to contest for a matching grant from the GrEEn challenge fund
How to Apply for GrEEn Incubation and Acceleration Program
Apply Now – https://bitly.com/GrEEn-incubation
- It is significant to go over all application prerequisite in the Award Webpage (see Link below) prior to applying.
- GOODLUCK as you apply for GrEEn Incubation and Acceleration Program
Visit Award Webpage for Details on GrEEn Incubation and Acceleration Program.