Good news! Government of Japan Young Leaders Program in Governance is currently open.Applications are open for Young Leaders Program (YLP) for 2021 academic year. Government of Japan Young Leaders Program in Governance awards is accessible for foreign scholars to pursue master’s program in the area of Public Administration/Public Policy, Local Governance, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration and Law from October 2021 in Japan.
The Young Leaders Program (YLP) targets to add to the fostering of future national leaders in Asian and other nations. Also, while deepening the partakers’ understanding about Japan, it should help create a network among national leaders, contributing to the establishment of friendly relationships and enhanced policy planning activities among Asian and other nations, including Japan.
Began in 2001 by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of the Government of Japan, the Young Leaders Program (YLP) is a yearlong academic scholarship program that purposes to prepare and empower young professionals from all over the glode for future leadership roles in their separate fields.
Government of Japan Young Leaders Program in Governance closing date of the applications varies according to the nation. Ensure you talk with Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country.
About Japanese Government
Japanese government scholarship funds foreign scholars who study in higher education institutions, nominated on the recommendation of Japanese Embassy/Consulate General, University, or Authority.
Organization: Japanese Government
Country to study: Japan
Course to study: Not specified
Gender: Men and Women
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Aim and Benefits of Government of Japan Young Leaders Program in Governance
- Stipend: Every grantee will be provided monthly with 242,000 yen throughout the term of the scholarship. Though, the sum of allowance will be subject to change depending on the yearly budget of the Japanese government for every fiscal year. The scholarship will not be paid to a grantee who takes a leave of absence or is long absent from the allocated university.
- Traveling Costs:
- School Dues: Dues for matriculation and tuition will be paid by the Japanese government.
Eligibility for Government of Japan Young Leaders Program in Governance
Nationality: Contenders must be nationals of nations qualified for the Young Leaders Program (YLP).
- Age: Applicants must be, in principle, under 40 years of age, as on 1st October, 2020 (i.e. born on or after 2nd October 1979).
- Academic Background: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized/accredited university or college, and have achieved shown excellent academic performance.
- Work Experience: At least 3 years of full-time work experience in public administration (preferably 5 years or more).
- English Proficiency: A minimum TOEFL-iBT score of 79 (TOEFL-PBT score of 550), IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
- Health: Applicants must be in good health.
- Visa Prerequisite: In principle, selected applicants must get “College Student” (ryuugaku) visas before entering Japan. The visas should be given at the Japanese legation, situated in the country of candidates’ nationality. Candidates who change their resident status to any status different than “College Student” after their arrival in Japan will instantly lose their status as a Japanese government scholarship student.
- Applicants who meet any or all of following conditions are not eligible. If acknowledged after acceptance of the scholarship grantees, the candidates will be required to withdraw from the scholarship:
Documents Required for Application
- Application for Admission
- Certified transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- Recommendation Letter from the recommending authority
- Letter of Recommendation from the candidate’s direct superior at work
- Recommendation Letter from the applicant’s superior at work, or supervising professor of the university
- Certificate of Health
- Official degree certificates or certified copies of diplomas from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- Essay explaining applicant’s aspirations and future plans following program completion
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Family Register
- Copy of the Passport
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Answer to the Essay Questions
How to Apply for Government of Japan Young Leaders Program in Governance
Interested and qualified? Go to Japanese Government on www.mext.go.jp to apply for Government of Japan Young Leaders Program in Governance.
Every YLP applications must be done via the exact recommending authorities for each course. Contenders must provide the following documents as listed above to their recommending authorities by the designated date. Documents submitted will not be returned.
For more details on Government of Japan Young Leaders Program in Governance, visit MEXT website.