Good news! DAAD CERM-ESA Scholarships for African Students is currently open.It has been established that DAAD work together with CERM-ESA by offering up to 8 In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for PhD and Master Studies at CERM-ESA for the intake 2021. Being part of the “In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program“ DAAD provides scholarship awards for PhD and Master studies. DAAD CERM-ESA Scholarships for African Studentsis financed by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and purposes at university employees in the first line, without abandoning the public sector needs of academically proficient persons.
The individuals the scholarships focus on are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s program, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral program who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses, either
- in their home nation In-Country scholarships are targeted at students who study in their home country or in the nation for which they have a residence permit.)
- in another Sub-Saharan African nation (In-Region scholarship awards are focused on intellectuals who want to partake in a study program in a nation of their home region (here: Kenya/outside their home country).
Application Deadline: 15th December 2020.
Eligible area(s) of study: The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program funds studies in subject areas with solid significance to national growth. The scholarship awards at CERM-ESA are available in the following area:
• PhD in Sociology of Education
• Master’s in Education
Type: Masters, PhD
Eligibility for DAAD CERM-ESA Scholarships for African Students
Applicants must meet the following DAAD criteria:
- have successfully accomplished normally a three-year university Bachelor’s degree (Master applicants) or a two-year university Master’s degree (doctoral applicants) with beyond average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division)
- Should clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- Should possess comprehensive knowledge of the language of instruction
- Should have normally accomplished their last university degree not beyond 6 years ago at the time of application
- Has be citizens or stable residents of a Sub-Saharan African nation
- should normally be a) staff associate of a public university, b) applicant considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-program
Female candidates and contenders from less privileged regions or groups are especially heartened to partake in the program.
DAAD CERM-ESA Scholarships for African Studentsare at first given for a year and can be prolonged to a maximum of the regular duration of study upon receiving of an application for extension. Scholars must show adequate improvement before an extension is given.
Beware: CERM-ESA might have extra prerequisite for admission to the university.
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
To be done at: East & South African-German Centre of Excellence for Educational Research Methodologies and Management (CERM-ESA), Kenya
Number of Awards: 8
Benefits of DAAD CERM-ESA Scholarships for African Students
- Tuition Fees*
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.)
- Travel allowance (In-Region only)
- Health Insurance (In-Region only)
Duration of Award:
- Duration of the PhD program is normally three years (regular period of studies) and is usually beginning in September 2021
- Duration of the Master program is generally two years (regular period of studies) and is usually starting in September 2021
Beware that the maximum period of the scholarship is dependent on the time that is left until the scholarship recipient has attained the regular period of studies in that program; i.e., if an individual process for a DAAD scholarship award starting in your second year of studies of a three-year program, the maximum duration of the scholarship will be two years.
How to Apply for DAAD CERM-ESA Scholarships for African Students
The application process contains two steps. Go through the DAAD application deadline as well as CERM-ESA’s deadline.
- It is vital to go through all application prerequisite in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
- GOODLUCK as you apply for DAAD CERM-ESA Scholarships for African Students
Visit Award Webpage for Details on DAAD CERM-ESA Scholarships for African Students.