Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT) is now accepting applications from bright and outstanding students who wish to earn a higher degree abroad. The International Research Scholarship Grants is available to all students and applications are open for the academic year 2022-2023.
EU and Non EU students, including Irish national students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship towards an MSc degree programme to work on the LIFE Atlantic Crex project. The scholars chosen will be offered an annual stipend, tuition fee coverage, and travel expenses.
About Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT)
Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology is a third-level education institute and is ranked 13th in the entire country. It aims to invest in excellent applied learning, teaching, and research environments reflecting the real needs of business, enterprise, and the professions in our region.
Why choose to study at Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology? GMIT is a transformative university that empowers its graduates to fully contribute social, economical, and cultural betterment of society through excellent applied learning, teaching, and learning environment. It has established a surrounding where students can flourish and has developed a student-centered learning process.
Brief Description of the Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology International Research Scholarship Grants 2022-2023
- Institution: Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT)
- Department: LIFE Atlantic Crex project
- Degree Level: Masters
- Number of Scholarships available: Not Stated
- Mode of Applying: Online
- Nationality: Home and Foreign students
- To be taken at: Ireland
- Eligible Countries: EU and non-EU country nationals can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any MSc study programme to work on the project Improving conservation value of Corncrake sites: The contribution of various early and late cover (ELC) types and quality to invertebrate diversity and abundance offered at GMIT is eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
The applicants must have good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
The applicants must have a clean driver’s license and the ability to work part-time.
Value of Scholarship
GMIT will provide the selected students an allowance of €18,000 per year. In addition to that, the selected candidates will also be provided postgraduate fees for EU students and any necessary travel and material costs incurred during the project.
- How to Apply: Students are required to apply to the programme of their choice via the application portal of the university. To apply for the scholarship, students must submit the listed supporting documents at ResearchOffi[email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- CV including two referees
- Copy of transcripts of results
- One page personal statement
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a BSc (honors, minimum 2:2, but 2:1 or higher is desirable) in biology, zoology, environmental science or ecology, or related discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 213
- TOEFL CBT – 550
- TOEIC – 660
- Trinity College London – GESE 8 & ISE 11
- Cambridge Exams – FCE Grade B
- CEFR – High B2
- PTE – 55
- Application Deadline: Applicants are advised to apply on time as application closes February 17, 2022
Sharing is Caring!