The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Program (Known as Public Policy and Good Governance) is now open to students who are willing to pursue their master’s degree in Germany. The program is open a fully funded program, funded by the German Federal Foreign Office and offers the opportunity to acquire a Master’s degree in Master programmes of particular relevance for the social, political and economic development in the students’ countries of origin.
Candidates who have successfully applied are expected to return to their home countries after study to impact development with the training they have gathered.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Selected Institutions in Germany
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Number of Scholarship: Not Stated
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: Developing Countries
- DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Programme is open to graduates from developing countries with a well-qualified first university degree as a rule in the fields of social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy and administration
- DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Programme is open to graduates from developing countries who are willing to actively participate to the social, political and economic development of their home countries/regions
- The program is also open to graduates from developing countries who have already gained practical experience relevant for the programme (professional experience, internships, political/social commitment).
- Scholarships (of currently € 934 per month) for master’s courses at German higher education institutions.
- Health insurance cover in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the respective developing countries
- A study and research grant
- Subsides for rent and familt suppliments
- Preceding German language course in Germany, lasting up to 6 months. Participation is compulsory.
When applying for placement, please indicate clearly that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Programme (Master’s scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance).Applicants who wish to participate in this program are expected to submit all applications in English or German.