Unlock a new skill for your higher education career by applying for the Full University of Queensland Molecular Modelling of Sugar Chemistry Scholarship Grants offered to International Students who wish to earn a higher degree in Australia. Applications are open for the academic year 2022-2023.
This PhD project is part of a new multidisciplinary research project which aims to design new ways to make rare sugar molecules. The student will conduct molecular modeling studies to characterize a range of reaction types, with the aim of learning how to tune the reactions to achieve greener and more efficient laboratory syntheses.
Description of the University of Queensland
The University of Queensland is a public research university ranked in the top 50 and top 100 global world universities. UQ is also known as the most prestigious and widely-recognized institute. The university’s mission is to help shape the future by bringing together and developing leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and advance ideas that benefit the world.
Why choose to study at the University of Queensland? The University of Queensland has designed comprehensive and high-quality programs that answer some of the most challenging questions in research facing humanity. Students will gain an advantage from being connected to industry leaders through their global, national, and local partnerships.
Brief Details of the Full University of Queensland Molecular Modelling of Sugar Chemistry Scholarship Grants for International Students 2022-2023
- Institution: University of Queensland
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: Postgraduate Research Degree
- Mode of Applying: Online
- Number of Scholarships: Unlimited
- To be Taken at: Australia
Application Deadline: Closing date for applying for scholarship is July 25, 2022
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate research degree in Science and mathematics offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honors class IIA or equivalent; or
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean; or
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA, will be considered on a case-by-case basis; or
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
- The students must meet the university’s requirements for a postgraduate degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 570
- TOEFL IBT – 87
- IELTS – 7.0
- IELTS – 6.5
Value of Scholarship
The university will provide an amount of $28,854 per annum (2022 rate), a Living stipend, and tuition fees.
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted with this scholarship, you have to take admission to the university. After that, to be considered for this scholarship, email the following documents to Associate Professor Elizabeth Krenske([email protected])
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Academic transcripts
Applicants can apply for admission through the university’s website then apply for scholarship via the apply here button