Intending to support the education of outstanding and bright students, the University College London is happy to announce its Full Denys Scholarship Grants for high achieving and qualified students who wish to earn a degree. The application is open for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Description of the Full Denys Scholarship Grants at University College London 2021/2022
The scholarship programme is named Denys Holland Scholarship and was formed in memory of the late Professor Denys Holland and is funded by donations from his students. Denys Holland was a Professor of Law and Dean of Students. The scholarship value is £9,000 per year (approximately 3,500,000 Nigerian Naira) for 3 years.
Scholarships will be renewed annually subject to academic progress and students may elect to use all or part of the funding to cover tuition fees–any rest of the award will be paid to the student as a stipend.
Eligible Requirements for the Denys Scholarship
Applicants must fulfill these criteria:
- Must hold an offer of admission to UCL for full-time undergraduate study in any department;
- Be in financial hardship, and be able to show that without the scholarship they could not study at UCL;
- Preferably aged 25 or below at the time of commencing their studies;
- Able to show that they have broad interests and intend to be actively involved in and contribute to the life of the university.
Selection Process for the Full Denys Scholarship Grants at University College London 2021/2022
It awarded the scholarship on the basis of financial hurdles, subject to applicants showing their intention to play a full part in the extracurricular activities of UCL and the Student Union.
Brief Description of the Denys Scholarship
- Available Subjects: Recipients of this scholarship will be awarded in any course area offered by the university
- Degree Level: Undergraduate Course area.
- Number of Scholarship available: Not Known
- Value of Scholarship: The scholarship is worth £9,000 per annum and scholars may choose to use all or part of the scholarship to cover fees. Any rest is paid to the scholar as a maintenance stipend.
- Tenure of Scholarship: The scholarship is for one year but will be renewed subject to satisfactory progress for up to three years.
- Provider of the Scholarship: The University College, London, Denys Holland Foundation
The scholarship may be held alongside other grants, bursaries, awards or scholarships, provided annual total funding does not exceed the cost of fees plus a reasonable sum for maintenance in any one year (as decided by UCL).
If you find this article useful please share to your loved ones through the various social media platforms.