Interested applicants are welcome to apply for the Full DAAD Scholarship Grants which is exclusively open for those who wish to enroll in a Masters or PhD courses in any of the best institutions in Germany. Candidates are advised to go through this article carefully for more useful Information.
The aim of this scholarship program is to support those outstanding students who wish to further their education in Germany. DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries’ Students 2021 are also available in several disciplines at German institutions of higher education.
This article entails all you need to know about the DAAD Scholarship 2021, Here are the outlined information about this program:
- What is the Scholarship about
- The Purpose of the Scholarship
- The Deadline
- Who can benefit from it
- Application Requirement for the DAAD Scholarship
- Application Procedure for the Scholarship
- Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Documents required at the DAAD Portal
About the Full DAAD Scholarship Grants For Masters and PhD Students 2021
DAAD scholarship officially known as Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst in full is a Scholarship in Germany that provides study opportunities for students from developing countries. A great number of international students are recruited for DAAD scholarships to study in German universities.
A broad range of degree programs taught in English and German languages are being offered to DAAD scholars. This scholarship is open for postgraduate degree courses.
The Purpose of the DAAD Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarships is to build graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills for professional and national leadership. With its well-developed-oriented study programs, DAAD promotes the training of specialists from developed and newly industrialized countries.
Application Deadline: The Deadline for DAAD Scholarship 2021 is on November 31, 2021.
Who can Benefit from the DAAD Scholarship
DAAD scholarship offer international graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all course area and with at least two years of professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-accredited German university, and in special cases to take a doctoral degree and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/Ph.D.) in Germany.
Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play a significant part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education, and health for all.
What to gain from the DAAD Scholarship Grants
The Winners of this Scholarship will be granted the opportunity to study in Germany. They will also receive a monthly allowance to support your living expenses, health insurance allowance, and some travel grants. The list of benefits provided by DAAD scholarship are stated below:
- Monthly allowance of 750 Euros to be given to Postgraduate students
- Doctoral degree course students will receive 1000 Euros stipend every month
- Both masters and doctoral degree course students will get insurance and health coverage
- Both masters and doctoral program students may receive the travel grant
- Free education in German universities
- Free accommodation inside a university dorm facility
Application Requirements for the DAAD Scholarship
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree not more than 6 years old. DAAD scholarship is given to students who have at least two years of proven work experience. English or German Language requirement depends on the choice of your degree course.
Application Procedure for the DAAD Scholarship
Candidates are required to log in to www2.daad.de/deutchsland/stipendium. Then they must:
- Download the DAAD scholarship application form and fill it with your credentials
- Download Europas Specimen form and make your hand-signed CV
- Get a hand-signed Motivation letter with current occupation referenced
- If there is a Research proposal requirement specified by University then provide it
- You have to get the Recommendation letter from the university you last attended
- Professional experience letter from your last employer
- A guarantee letter of re-employment when you will return back to your country after completion of education (Optional)
- English proficiency proof, following tests scores, are acceptable
- IELTS: Band score requirement can be as per university and program requirement as listed on university websites
- German language: Mandatory requirement for German taught degree courses
- TOEFL Institutional is not accepted
- Find the degree courses you wish to study in Germany under the Daad scholarship and apply directly to the University
- After completion of the above-stated documents, make sure you also find out what extra documents are required for your desired degree program
- Apply directly to the university and it depends if the university requires an online application, documents by postal service, or through both ways.
Duration Course Program
12 to 36 months depending on your preferred program
Value of Scholarship
DAAD Scholarships are fully funded scholarships. It will cover all the cost of the program depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover, travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Eligibility for the DAAD Scholarship
The award is open for exceptionally qualified graduates who have completed a first degree (Bachelor, Diploma, or equivalent academic degree) at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study program.
For applicants from artistic disciplines and the field of architecture, theDAAD offers subject-specific scholarship programs.
Documents Required at DAAD Portal
Students are to submit the following important documents:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
- Letter of admission to a study program; this can be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study program begins if it is not available at the time of application.
I hope you have benefitted from the information in this article if so, click the share button on this website to share across your loved ones.