The Commonwealth Scholarship Program will be open to outstanding students from high income countries who wish to pursue their doctoral study in the United Kingdom.
This scholarship oppoutunity is funded by the UK Department for Education (DfE), Commonwealth PhD Scholarships who support merit students financially and help them achieve and bring their dreams to reality
Award Sponsor(s): Commonwealth UK Department for Education (DfE)
Name of Institution(s): Commonwealth Country Universities
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Scholarship: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: High income countries
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships Program 2023
This scholarship opportunity is for candidates from high income countries for full-time doctoral study at a UK university and is open to provide financial support to outstanding students who cannot afford to study in the UK. The program is funded by the UK Department for Education (DfE), Commonwealth PhD Scholarships.
These are the six type of scholarship awarded:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
To become eligible for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for high income countries), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Applicants must be a permanent resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Candidates must be registered for a PhD at a university in an eligible Commonwealth country by the time your Scholarship starts (September 2023)
- Candidates must ensure that an institutional or departmental link exists between your home university and your proposed UK university. This link must be greater than simply a collaboration between individuals – see section on ‘Tenure and placement’ for further details. Both supervisors must provide a supporting statement which provides further details of the link to ensure your application is eligible.
- Applicants must available to start your academic studies in the UK in September 2023
- By September 2023, applicants must hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Applicants must be unable to afford to study in the UK without this Scholarship
Interested applicants must submit their applications to the online application portal.
Application Deadline: Not Specified