Good news! Application for FICS Emerging Student Scholarship at CQ University is currently open. The International Federation of Sports Chiropractic calls for applications for Emerging Student Scholarship at CQ University in the 2021/22 session. FICS Emerging Student Scholarship at CQ University is program for students of good character and academic standard who participate in sporting activities themselves and have given outstanding service in rising or upholding the field of sports chiropractic and its services to athletes.
CQUniversity Australia has been on a remarkable path since 2009. Its notable progression in student numbers, new courses, new campuses, infrastructure and status, as well as its focus on research and social innovation, has seen the University rise as one of Australia’s truly great Universities. Firstly established in Rockhampton in 1967, it now has beyond 30,000 students spread across 24 campuses and locations Australia-wide and is regarded within the sector as Australia’s most inclusive and engaged university.
We strive to be Australia’s most engaged university by connecting and collaborating with students, stakeholders, industry and communities. We value strong, productive and mutually beneficial partnerships that influence positive outcomes for those we seek to serve. We exceed expectations and work together to identify opportunities and apply sustainable solutions to challenges. We support each other to be our best, with an ethos that is underpinned by evidence-based continual improvement. We aspire to greatness in everything we do and take decisive action to ensure we are meeting the needs of those we seek to serve.
We exhibit courage in our leadership by daring to be different, being bold and responding to the needs of our students, staff, alumni and communities. In doing so, we demonstrate excellence and innovation in learning, teaching, research, engagement and governance. We accept our responsibility to be leaders both inside and outside the University and sector. We embrace and celebrate diversity and strive to improve access and participation. We promote respect, honesty and unity with safe and inclusive environments. We work together to create positive and tangible change with our communities.
Deadline: Applications open in September 1st, 2020 each year and close October 31st, 2020.
Length of Scholarship: One off
Institution: CQ University
Number Available: 5 (Five)
Study Level: Undergraduate
Study in: Australia
Benefits of FICS Emerging Student Scholarship at CQ University
- The beneficiary of this award will get a cash component of CHF 910.00, which will be transferred straight to the beneficiaries’ institution to use against their tuition and learning aid purposes.
- The beneficiary is allotted a mentor from FICS to encourage engagement with the organization and to make certain that the beneficiary is assisted in their sports chiropractic and leadership growth.
Eligibility for FICS Emerging Student Scholarship at CQ University
To be eligible for FICS Emerging Student Scholarship at CQ University applicant must meet the requirements below:
- This scholarship is granted to a chiropractic student who is yet to reach their final two years of study.
- The emerging student award identifies emerging sports chiropractic talent to designate them for the future.
- This will be accessible to all students enrolled full time in a chiropractic program, not in the final two years of their studies.
How to Apply for FICS Emerging Student Scholarship at CQ University
Below are steps to apply for FICS Emerging Student Scholarship at CQ University:
- Be enrolled full time at an accredited/recognized chiropractic school. The candidates need to be in the beginning years of their chiropractic program i.e. not in their final 2 year.
- Submit a 500-750-word essay concerning the importance of sports chiropractic services to athletes in training and competition, and to the future growth of the chiropractic profession.
- Submit a description of personal participation in fitness and sports activities (100-200 words).
- Submit a description of your contributions to sports chiropractic your college and/or otherwise – e.g. partaking in the student sports chiropractic council activities; volunteer services at the college at sporting events and otherwise; published news articles or research; any other activities promoting sports chiropractic (100-200 words).
- Submit a letter from a faculty member teaching sports chiropractic and/or related subjects confirming good character and academic standard and recommending the award.
Click here for more details and to apply for FICS Emerging Student Scholarship at CQ University.