The Eindhoven University of Technology is happy to announce an amazing Job position through the International PhD Scholarships in Dependence Modelling and Copulas. Application is now ongoing for the academic year 2022-2023.
This Job opportunity is exclusively offered to International students from eligible countries seeking to undertake a PhD degree from the Eindhoven University of Technology are eligible candidates for this scholarship.
Description of Eindhoven University of Technology
The Eindhoven Institute of Technology (Eindhoven Tech) is a public technical university dedicated to training future engineers to bridge the gap between market demand and technological competence.
Why choose to study at the Eindhoven University of Technology? The Eindhoven University of Technology is noted for producing future-proof engineers capable of solving issues that have yet to arise. Eindhoven’s unconventional teaching method is the outcome of cutting-edge research aimed at assisting students in developing the knowledge and skills they will need in the future.
Brief Details of the International PhD Scholarships in Dependence Modelling and Copulas 2022-2023
- Institution: Eindhoven University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: PhD Degree
- Mode of Applying: Online
- Number of Scholarships: Not Given
- To be Taken at: Netherlands
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until 22 May 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can undertake any research programme in Dependence Modelling and Copulas at Eindhoven.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You should have a Master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, computer science, or similar with excellent grades.
- A record that shows specific interest in signal processing and/or (Bayesian) machine learning
- You will develop open-source code for simulating machine learning experiments, so we put a high value on candidates with a strong professional record and interest in developing code. Please supply some evidence for your programming record, e.g., a link to your Github page.
- In order to complete a PhD, it will be essential to have a good written and spoken command of English. If you have written an MSc thesis (or published a scientific paper) in English, please send it along with your application.
- Finally, we appreciate a team player attitude, willingness to work hard and know how to have fun at it
- Aspiring students are required to meet all entry requirements
- Language Requirement: The students must have an IELTS score of preferably at least 6.5 overall or a TOEFL score of 90 (internet-based). TU/e accepts TOEFL and IELTS tests. (TOEFL: Overall band score of at least 90 AND a minimum score of 21 for each section; IELTS (academic version) with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
Value of Scholarship
The winning students will receive all the following study expenses:
- A gross monthly salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- Should you come from abroad and comply with certain conditions, you can make use of the so-called ‘30% facility’, which permits you not to pay tax on 30% of your salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- How to Apply: Interested students can apply to any research programme of their choice at TU/e through its website. Applicants that are accepted in their respective discipline will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: you must upload the following documents:
- A Master’s degree in Mathematics (with specialization in Statistics/Probability) or in Statistics
- A strong curiosity and interest in statistical theory and methods
- Experience with statistical programming languages and tools (such as R, Python)
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary context
Please take admission via the university’s website then apply for the opportunity below.