The Difference Between Articles of Confederation and Constitution: These are two of the most reliable records of the American Revolution. The Articles of Confederation came before the Constitution of the United State and it was the primary successful effort towards assembling and arranging the first thirteen settlements of the United States. Keep reading this article to know the difference between articles of confederation and constitution.
Although, the Constitution of the United States is the foundation of the Modern United States government and it is considered by Americans as the single most famous bit of document composed. The Constitution would also create a strong ruling Federal Government, run by three branches of government which are the Executive, the Legislature and the Judiciary.
The Articles of Confederation
The Articles of Confederation was formed on 15th of November, 1777. The original draft was composed by Benjamin Franklin, yet this bore little closeness to the last declared adaptation. It went through six drafts before it was actually finalized.
However, the last three drafts were composed by John Dickson and it was reconsidered by Congressional advisory groups. The composition of the last draft of the US Constitution is ascribed to Gouverneur Morris, one of the individuals from the drafting board.
The Articles of Confederation also came before the U.S. Constitution. It was primarily formed in order to help the initial American colonies in leveraging or seeking assistance from foreign governments. It is so great to note that the article of Confederation consists of 13 articles.
The Constitution of the United States of America
This started on September 17, 1787, and was later approved on June 21, 1788. This Constitution works with a bicameral ruling body that is referred to as the Congress which is partitioned into the House of Representatives and the Senate.
The Congress can take up to two Senators for each state and Representatives depending upon the number of inhabitants in the state they speak to. The Constitution has constantly been dependent upon a lot of changes and amendments.
Therefore, in order to put the Constitution into motion, the writers come to terms heavily along the line making two different places of Congress and a heavy measure of forces despite everything dwelling with the States. The record was later put to cast a ballot by singular states, and automatically passed, making the United States of America in its modern sense.
The Difference Between Articles of Confederation And Constitution
- The first constitution of America, prior the present constitution while the present constitution used by the United States of America is known as the U.S. Constitution.
- The Articles of Confederation was formed on 15th of November, 1777 while the Constitution of the United State of America was formed on 7th of September, 1787.
- The U.S. Constitution was corrected on June 21, 1788. Whereas, the Article of Confederation was corrected on the 1st of March, 1781.
- The voting system for instituting the Article of Confederation is one vote per state. Each Representative or Senator had to vote for the constitution to be adopted.
- The Articles of Confederation passed through six drafts before it was finalized.
- The Articles of Confederation was also based on an agreement of nine states (Excluding Canada). But the Constitution of the United State of America was based on an agreement of Congress.
- Taxation in the Articles of Confederation is assigned by Congress and collected by the states while for the case of the constitution it is collected by Congress.
- The amendment of the Articles of Confederation is based on the agreement of all states while the amendment of the Constitution is based on the agreement of ¾ of all states.
- For the Constitution, the role of leadership is on the speaker of the House of Representatives. While the role of leadership for the Articles of Confederation is on the President of the Congress.
- The Us Constitution has 7 articles and 27 amendments while the Articles of Confederation consist of 13 articles.