Conservation Leadership Program (CLP) Team Awards for Early-career Conservationists 2021 is currently open. Conservation Leadership Program (CLP) is delighted to be accepting applications to our 2021 Team Awards. Conservation Leadership Program (CLP) Team Awards target outstanding teams of early-career conservationists leading high-priority projects across the globe.
Application Deadline: 23rd October 2020 by 23:59pm GMT.
About the Award: The Conservation Leadership Program (CLP) Team Awards are a competitive process through which CLP aims to identify, recognize and empower rising stars in conservation, who work mainly in the developing world.
Awards are granted to teams undertaking high-priority projects that involve not just research but also practical actions and community outreach to promote pro-conservation attitudes and achieve tangible, effective and long-lasting conservation solutions.
Through our new online application portal, eligible applicants can apply for one of three types of award:
- Future Conservationist Awards (up to $15,000 per project)
- Conservation Follow-Up Awards (up to $25,000 per project; available only to previous recipients of a Future Conservationist Award)
- Conservation Leadership Award (up to $50,000 per project; available only to previous recipients of a Follow-Up Award).
Numerous past beneficiaries of CLP awards have gone ahead to lead successful careers in the conservation zone, as well as establishing their own NGOs, influencing conservation policy, discovering fresh species, pushing forward scientific knowledge, and bringing endangered species back from the edge of extinction.
Dr Nelly Isigi Kadagi, Conservation Leadership Director of Education for Nature Program at WWF, lately described how the award aided her career: “The CLP award influenced my confidence, provided a platform to develop my ideas about my contribution to conservation, and enhanced my credibility in terms of delivering outputs and working on the sustainability of my work over the stretched term.” The award-winning groups will profit from a project funding and worldwide recognition for their outstanding work in conservation. Every team associates will have opportunities to form connections with peers and access professional mentorship via the CLP Alumni Network (encompassing over 2,700 past beneficiaries around the globe).
Eligibility for Conservation Leadership Program (CLP) Team Awards
Candidates must put forward projects that support the conservation of species itemized as Data Deficient, Vulnerable, Threatened or Critically Endangered on the global IUCN Red List. Projects must be carried out in an authorized country, be led (or co-led) by a national of one of these nations, and involves minimum of three team members. Projects submitted for Future Conservation Awards ought to last for 3 to 12 months. Follow-up projects may be up to but no more than two years in length.
- More details about the eligibility criteria and application process can be found on our website, including Frequently Asked Questions and Guidelines for Applicants.
Eligible Countries: Any
Number of Awards: Not specified
Benefits of Conservation Leadership Program (CLP) Team Awards
- The award-winning teams will benefit from a project grant as well as global recognition for their exceptional work in conservation. Every team associates will have opportunities to form connections with peers and access professional mentorship via the CLP Alumni Network (encompassing above 2,700 past beneficiaries around the world); CLP partner organizations; and the CLP Management Team.
- Persons from winning groups are also invited to partake in international, regional and online training courses to develop their conservation knowledge and skills. The international Conservation Management & Leadership course is chiefly renowned among CLP graduates. One trainee from last year’s course, for example, described it as helping her “shape the way I see conservation and how to be an effective leader, making me a better mentor for future conservationists” (Gabriela Ochoa, Honduras).
How to Apply for Conservation Leadership Program (CLP) Team Awards
Apply via the online portal.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
- GOODLUCK as you apply for Conservation Leadership Program (CLP) Team Awards
Visit Award Webpage for Details