Good luck! Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships at Asian Institute of Technology is currently open. An application for the Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships in 2021 by Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre ([email protected]) at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand.
Deadline: Applications for Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships close on March 31, 2021
Program Location: Thailand
Institution: Asian Institute of Technology
Study Level: PhD
- Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships at Asian Institute of Technology addresses fundamental and applied research trials facing the Renewable energy industry worldwide and its objective is to inculcate entrepreneurship and creation of enterprises on knowledge-based innovation. The Centre is generously financed to work together closely with top industries and universities domestically and internationally.
- The role of the researcher is mostly, but not solely, to carry out innovative research in the field of smart energy platform and bio-based product which will lead to patents and commercial products. They will act as a connection between both industry needs and academic research goals in order to bring about very structured and well-defined solutions to the industrial problems. Candidate are should have both educational and industry experience, together with a sound understanding of the wider energy landscape beyond their area of expertise.
- 1 Benefits of Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships at Asian Institute of Technology
- 2 Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships at Asian Institute of Technology – Eligibility
- 3 Universal Criteria of Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships at Asian Institute of Technology
- 4 How to Apply for Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships at Asian Institute of Technology
Benefits of Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships at Asian Institute of Technology
- All research assistant scholarships are fully-funded (covering the pay and tuition fees) and open to scholars from any nation.
- The salary and appointment terms are steady with the present rules for doctoral scholars. The period of student assistantship is 42 months.
- Selected applicants will get a unique opportunity to co-find an international start-up company with separate funding from BIIC or others.
Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships at Asian Institute of Technology – Eligibility
- Any nationality is welcome to apply
- Bachelor’s, first-class (honors) and master’s degrees or equivalent (Master GPA above 3.50 out of 4.0)
- IELTS or AIT EET score above 6.0
Universal Criteria of Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships at Asian Institute of Technology
- The duty of the researcher is to carry out groundbreaking research which will lead to patent and commercial products
- Capability to present results in technical reports, and prepare scientific papers for publication in high impact factor international refereed journals.
- Capable of working within a project team to accomplish innovative results.
- Extraordinary communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding and experience in incubation/founding start-up company is added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in the subsequent areas will be favorable; Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Big Data Analytics, Blockchain, Energy technology, Clean Technology, Smart Cities etc.
Specific Requirements for Energy Area
- Pertinent power electronic industrial and research experience
- Hardware Experience/Knowledge on Converters, prototype development.
- Extraordinary coding ability in programming tools such as Matlab, Python etc. and knowledge in design and modeling tools like Simulink/PSIM/LabVIEW/ or other power electronics simulation tools
Specific Requirements for FEBT Area
- Having BSc and MSc degrees in Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Science and Technology and/or similar relevant subjects
Precise Requirements for EEM Area
- Having BSc and MSc degree in biochemical or chemical engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering, public health science or related applied sciences.
- Experience in design and modeling of wastewater treatment systems and be capable of programming.
- Experience/Knowledge on controls of bioreactor.
How to Apply for Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships at Asian Institute of Technology
Please fill the online application. Alongside with this application, candidate should forward the following documents all in one combined PDF file to the following email ([email protected]) on or before the deadline. The successful applicants will get sign up immediately in August 2021 semester.
- Covering letter
- Project proposal with good concepts which may result to commercial products/start-ups (maximum of 2 pages)
- Details about education, exams and prior relevant work/research experience (a CV).
- Accredited copies of academic diplomas and certificates.
- Publications that pertinent to the research scope and any other work which the candidate desires to be taken into account and should clearly state the candidate’s contribution.
- Contact information and names of at least two references
Click here for more details and apply for Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships at Asian Institute of Technology.