The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) is open to foreign students who aim to pursue postgraduate studies at participating universities of Asia, New Zealand and Australia. The aim of this scholarship is to provide an opportunity to well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries. Around 300 scholarships are awarded annually. The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program is on for postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Programprovides the beneficiary with complete tuition fees, accomodation allowance, a monthly stipend, an allowance for books and instructional materials, travel expenses and medical insurance. Upon conclusion of their programs, students are expected to contribute to the economic and social progress of their home countries.
Deadline: Check Deadlines.
Institution(s): Participating academic institutions
Level of Study: Masters/PhD.
Study in: Asia, Australia, New Zealand
ADB-JSP is offered for following postgraduate programs
- Natural resource management
- Science and technology
- Other development-related fields.
Number of Scholarships:
About 300 scholarships are awarded annually.
Benefits of Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program
Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program provides the beneficiary with the following benefits:
- Full tuition fees
- Housing allowance
- A monthly Stipend
- An allowance for books and instructional materials
- Travel expenses.
- Medical insurance
Eligibility for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program
Below are the criteria for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program:
- RequiredLanguage: English
- QualifiedCountries: The award is open to citizens of ADB’s borrowing member countries
- A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that is no longer borrowing from ADB is not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
- A BSc or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- Had admission at an approved MA/PhD course at an institution of higher education.
- Minimum of two (2) years of round-the-clock professional working experience (attained after a university degree) at the time of application. Excellence in oral and written English communication skills to be capable to pursue studies.
- In good health.
- Not beyond 35 years old at the time of application. In extraordinary cases, for programs which are suitable for senior officials and managers, the maximum age is 45 years old.
- Should accept to go back to his/her home country after conclusion of studies under the Program.
- Staffs of academic institutions are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the above-mentioned are not qualified for the academic scholarship program.
- Candidates residing or working in a nation other than his/her home country are not qualified for scholarships.
- The Program does not fund undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, meetings, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
- Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program does not support candidates who are already admitted in graduate degree programs.
How to Apply for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program
The application instructions to apply for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program are below:
- Following are the required documents:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet.
- Certificate of Employment for the period of employment given by the organization.
- Academic credentials – both academic transcripts and degree certificates.
- Certificate of Income given by the organization.
- Copy of your Passport.
- Certificate of Family Income given by the organization. Has to be either your parents or spouses yearly/monthly income.
- Certified IELTS test.
- Read the application procedure here.
- You must forward applications for scholarships at least six months before the planned time that you wish to start studies. Please see the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions.
To apply and inquire further about Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program, please visit the Official Website