Akademie Schloss Solitude is glad to accept applications from qualified and suitable students to participate in its Akademie Schloss Solitude Scholarship Awards for Fellowship programmes. The study programme is a fully funded program open to all students from across the globe.
Akademie Schloss Solitude Scholarship Awards for Fellowship 2021/2022
Akademie Schloss Solitude only offers residential fellowships to young artists, intellectuals, scientists, and cultural and economic professionals. A residential fellowship entails living and working in solitude at Akademie Schloss for six to twelve months.
The Spheres of Practice
Artists, scientists, scholars, and business representatives from throughout the world are invited to apply for fellowships in the following fields:
Visual Arts and Media:
Visual arts and media: Painting, sculpture, drawing, installation, cinema, video, printing, ceramics, textiles, and performance are just a few illustrations
Aural and Physical
Music and the arts of performance
Music, music interpretation and composition, sound installation, sound performance, dance, choreography, drama, theatre, music theatre, dramaturgy, and directing are all examples of this.
Digital art, gaming, hacking, computers, programming, web-based video production and installation, digital journalism, and digital publication are all examples of digital solitude.
Language and literature
Incorporates all written forms of German-language and foreign literature (dramatic texts, lyric poetry, prose, essay, and translation)
Work-based on Society/Community
Art criticism, critical theory, curation, art education, and socially involved art are all included.
Art, science, and business/Humanities, social, natural, and economic sciences
Philosophical studies, anthropology, biology, botany, physics, mathematics, computer science, cultural studies, ecology, gender studies, history, law, public policy, medicine, political science and political theory, psychology, sociology, economics, and finance are among the disciplines covered.
Perks of the Akademie Schloss Solitude Scholarship Awards for Fellowship 2021/2022
The fellowship includes the following perks:
1. A fully furnished living/working studio with electricity, running water, and heating is available for free.
2. A € 1,200 monthly fellowship stipend
3. Arrival and departure travel expenditure (onetime).
4. The Akademie additionally provides optional supplementary perks that can be adjusted depending on the current financial situation:
5. Transport expenses subsidy for the carriage of materials, tools, instruments and books to Stuttgart and from Stuttgart to the fellow’s home town,
6. Project funding and one-off materials subsidy,
7. Health insurance with non-EU fellowship candidates.
8. Under the direction of the resident managers, fellows may use the Akademie’s carpentry and metal workshops. A digital film editing studio, a printing and copying facility, two small libraries, and many computer workstations are also available to them.
There are 42 living and working studios, as well as three guest studios, at the Akademie. Because of their size and the historic nature of the buildings, these studios are normally only outfitted for one person.
The Akademie seek to accommodate families and partners as much as possible. Please note that this is not always possible with international families/partners because of admission and residence requirements.
1. Candidates should not be over 40 years old. Students engaged in degree programs are not eligible to apply; PhD students are eligible to apply. Regardless of the applicants’ age, only a few fellowships are available.
2. Every two years, they hold a round of applications for Solitude fellowships. The jury selects a maximum of 65 fellows. There are 45 live/work studios and three guest studios to choose from.
3. It is possible to apply as a group of artists. If you’re applying as part of a group, each member of the group must apply on their own behalf.
4. The Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg gGmbH (Arts Foundation Baden-Württemberg) and the Akademie Schloss Solitude do not accept duplicate 222applications.
5. Applicants whose applications have been rejected in the current round of selection may apply in one of two subsequent rounds (maximum). Former Akademie Schloss Solitude fellows are not eligible
6. Knowledge of either German and/or English and/or French is a precondition for application.
7. The Solitude fellowship is a one-year residential program. At least two-thirds of a fellow’s fellowship must be spent at the Akademie. For the duration of the fellowship, all fellows must maintain a permanent residence in Stuttgart (obligation to register residence).
- New Jurors are appointed every 24 months
2. The international top-tier jury make sure the fellows chosen are of the highest artistic and scientific calibre.
3. Jurors make selections based on the quality of the work samples presented by the candidates.
4. A legal right to be awarded a fellowship does not exist. The jury’s judgment will be communicated to the applicant in writing, but no reasons will be provided. They give individuals who begin fellowships a foundation contract and a set of house rules to follow. After the foundation contract is signed, they consider fellowships legally effective
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
Sharing is Caring!