African European Digital Venture Program (AEDV) is a platform that its objective is to provide African startups access to have knowledge about the European market and to reinforce partnerships among African startups and established European establishments and startups. The start of partnerships in the field of digital transformation, also across continents, will produce a win-win situation for all parties.
Application Deadline: 15th August 2020
About the Award Program: African European Digital Venture Program (AEDV) provides startups the chance to get to be familiar with the European and German ecosystem in a tangible and practical way, to create first contacts that can be the foundation for future business and to acquire germane knowledge for this purpose.
In the first fragment of the program, the level of maturity of the startup in respect to collaboration will be inspected. How far is the development of a product? What still must be done to develop a marketable product, how many resources must be spent on this, how much time does it take? Is the USP well defined? Is the added value measurable for the customers? How well is the management team performing? How is the go-to-market approach of the startup, do the tactics appear realistic?In this step, the purpose is to recognize gaps and fill them with the support of professionals.
The second part of the African European Digital Venture Program (AEDV)is about applying the findings of the first part practically. For this cause, startups in the award program will obtain knowledge about the German ecosystem and will get opportunity to networking and pitching events. Startups will be capable to pitch their services/products and to draw the attention of possible partners. The teams will get feedback and, if required, get the opportunity to go into discussions/negotiations with European establishments.
Eligibility for African European Digital Venture Program (AEDV)
- Your establishment is registered in Tunisia or Ghana and a minimum of one (1) founder is an African descent
- You are exceedingly driven, English-speaking team with a minimum of two (2) team members and have an extraordinary drive
- Your startup has a market-ready merchandise available, first customers and a highly ascendable business model
- You offer a product or service that enables digital transformation or the digitization of processes in the fields of health, mobility, or built environment
- Preferably, you leverage technologies like data processing, artificial intelligence, data analytics
- You are targeting to enter the European and/or German market and can show there is a need on these markets
- Two (2) team fellows will take part in the program and not less than one participant needs among of the management team – ideally, these would be CEO and CTO
- Your establishment profile is accessible online with suitable information for business and financing partners
- After the application deadline, a jury will evaluate the applications and select startup finalists for each ecosystem (Ghana and Tunisia). Nominated teams will be invited to last pitches (online) in the first week of September.
- Last communication to the 6-8 selected teams will be mid-September. The first module will start on 27th of September (online).
Eligible Countries: Ghana, Tunisia
To be Taken at (Country): Munich, Bayern, Germany
Number of Awards: Not specified
Benefits of African European Digital Venture Program (AEDV)
- Get response from our business and startups professionals
- Gain germane knowledge for collaborating with European establishments
- Ensure your merchandise prepared for the European market
- Introductions to European corporates
- Learn about the German and European ecosystem
- Meet European corporates, startups and investors
- Two modules in two months, coaching sessions in the middle of the modules
- Handling of travel costs (if traveling is possible)
- space for office (if the module is on-site in Munich (Germany))
In the first module “Knowledge Impact” the subsequent workshops and expert sessions will be presented:
- Authentication of business model and product-market fit, value proposition sharpening
- Getting familiar with the German corporates and European market
- Preparation of Market entry strategy
- Sales Processes and Pricing Strategies
- Team Development
- Intercultural awareness
- Financing / Venture Capital
- Visiting Workshops at Bits’n Pretzels, the largest founder festival in all of Europe.
In the second module “Networking Impact” the subsequent workshops and expert sessions will be presented:
- Getting to know the ecosystem
- B2B Sales Pitch Training
- Peer-to-peer exchange with German startups
- Workshops with experts
- Feedback from potential (corporate) partners and investors
Duration of Award program: September 27 – December 1, 2020
How to Apply for African European Digital Venture Program (AEDV)
- It is essential to run through all application necessities in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying. GOODLUCK as you apply for African European Digital Venture Program (AEDV)
Visit Award Webpage for Details