Africa Early Childhood Research Fellowship Program (AfECN) wishes to announce the 3rd Cohort of the Africa Early Childhood Research Fellowship Program, a research capacity building program targeted at early-to-mid career African ECD scholars.
About the Award Program: The Africa Early Childhood Network (AfECN) scheme was registered in Kenya in the year 2015 as a non-profit professional system to work as a means for advocating and encouraging distinction and collaboration in ensuring positive early childhood outcomes in Africa. AfECN accomplishes this goal by fighting for safeguard of children’s rights, influencing policy and practice, reinforcing partnerships, sharing experiences, knowledge and information in Early Childhood Development (ECD) on the African continent.
Eligibility for Africa Early Childhood Research Fellowship Program
- Candidates to this group should be doctoral degree holders who finished their PhDs within the last five years and are not older than 40 years of age.
- In addition, they should be citizens or established residents in an SSA country, be affiliated to African Universities or research institutes and be in the beginning stages of their research careers in ECD-related areas.
- Recommended fields comprise Early Childhood Studies, Social Sciences, Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics, Health Sciences, Communication & Media Studies, and Law.
- The four (4) Research Fellows will be picked from candidates with outstanding research ideas which propose innovative approaches to addressing the development of young children.
Eligible Countries for the program: Importance will be given to students from the following countries: Liberia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Niger, Chad, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Togo, Cote de Ivoire, Gambia, Cabo Verde, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea, Madagascar, Comoros, Mauritius, Seychelles, Swaziland, Somalia, Lesotho, Angola, Namibia, Botswana, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, Burundi, Equatorial Guinea, and Sao Tome and Principe.
Number of Awards: 4
Benefits of Africa Early Childhood Research Fellowship Program
As a Research scholar, you will get the following benefits:
- Participation in one fully funded face-to-face meeting of research fellows and mentors.
- Placement(s) with partner agencies in a position to support and benefit from the work of Research Fellow in the areas research interest.
- Seed grants of US$ 4,500 guided by the fellow’s research plan.
- Mentors Supervision and mentorship groups who will engage with Research Fellows all through the program including at face-to-face meetings and bi-monthly telephone conferences.
- Support to attend a conference and to facilitate dissemination of research findings.
- Linkages and connection to research funding opportunities and ECD networks
Award of certificate of completion
Duration of Award: Africa Early Childhood Research Fellowship Program shall last for a period of 18 months.
How to Apply for Africa Early Childhood Research Fellowship Program
Competent and interested candidates are invited to complete and forward in their application by Monday August 30th, 2020 (11:59 GMT).The applications and any questions should be submitted to the following address: [email protected].
Each applicant should submit the following documents:
- A letter of intent giving an overview of the project on the attached form (a form-attached to this document as appendix 1).
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant (2 pages).
- A letter of motivation (250 words) recounting the fellow’s research interests and how this research fellowship opportunity matches the candidate’s career path.
- A letter of commitment from applicant’s institution to support the research and endorsed by the head of the institution.
- A letter of mentorship support from a senior ECD scholar from the fellow’s institution.
- A letter of commitment from a host organization (an organization implementing ECD services or programs) where the fellow will conduct their research work.
- One reference on the suitability of the candidate to participate in this program from academics, researchers, or practitioners conversant with the applicants work.
- All the documents should be combined into one pdf document.
Only candidates meeting all the requirements and who submit full applications within the stipulated deadlines shall be considered. Africa Early Childhood Research Fellowship Program is under no compulsion to acknowledge receipt of applications and only successful candidates will be contacted. As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited for virtual interviews. GOODLUCK as you apply for Africa Early Childhood Research Fellowship Program. Visit Award Webpage for Details