Appropriate agripreneurs as incubatees are called for AfDB ENABLE Youth Program for Young Agripreneurs Program is to be trained and empowered within the supported value chains via a countrywide recruitment exercise. The specific objective of AfDB ENABLE Youth Program for Young Agripreneurs is to create business opportunities and decent employment for youth along priority agricultural value chains.
The Program is funded by the Government of Kenya and the African Development Bank (AfDB). It is carried out by the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries & Cooperatives.
The Program is carried out utilizing an incubation idea for agricultural entrepreneurship (agripreneurship) which involves training, nurturing, mentoring, coaching and financing successful youth applicants.
COVID-19 Ministry of Health protocols by Incubation and Training will take into consideration. The incubation model is concentrated in 8 Youth Agri-Business Incubation Centres (YABICs) within 8 national training institutions across the nation.
Application Deadline: 25th November, 2020
Eligible Field(s): The Program focuses on the entire agriculture value chain from production, processing and value addition; input supplies and marketing.
Recruitment will be done by ACAL Consulting and will target the following two types:
Two categories of target Incubation process
- Standard Incubatee: (Start-up) aims at unemployed graduates (Diploma or Degree) or start-up agripreneur who has run or been involved in an agribusiness for not below one and half years with an agribusiness idea that needs incubation to actualize. The predictable timeline for the standard Incubatees to go through the incubation process will be between six and twelve months.
- Accelerated Incubatee: Targets graduates (Diploma/Degree) youth who own and run an agribusiness that has been in existence for at least more than one and half years but lack access to credit, market linkages or necessitate better business planning skills to accelerate business growth. The predictable period for the accelerated Incubatees to go through the incubation course will be between 3 and 6 months.
Type: Training, Entrepreneurship
Eligibility for AfDB ENABLE Youth Program for Young Agripreneurs
The opportunity is open to all Kenyan Youths who meet the eligibility criteria below.
- 1. Have to be a Kenyan National with a National ID, between the age 18-35 Years.
- 2. A holder of Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution in any field of study.
- 3. Shall be required to submit a PIN No. from Kenya Revenue Authority, and a certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- 4. A demonstrable interest in Agriculture/ Agribusiness either via prior clubs & associations, private initiatives, conferences and training on agri-issues or any other standards.
- 5. Presently not in any formal employed or engaged in any own business for Standard Incubatee (Start-up) and own and run an agribusiness for Accelerated incubatee, and not registered in any further program (incubation, academic, other development programs etc.) 6. Have be keen to select agribusiness as a career.
- 7. Have a viable business idea and submit a preliminary simple business proposal on the standardized template to be downloaded during the application process.
- 8. Value Chains – The proposal should suitable within the primary value chains (check details in the online application system at enableyouth.kilimo.go.ke as mapped out by the program and assigned to incubation centres.
Youth are invited to apply for Cycle 1 (2020) of the Incubation and Training
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be Taken at (Country): The Kenya School of Agriculture (Nyeri), Dairy Training Institute (Nakuru), Ramogi Institute of Advanced Technology RIAT (Kisumu), Regional Pastoral Training Centre (Narok), Pwani University (Kilifi), National Aquaculture Development Centre (Kirinyaga), Kisii University (Kisii) and University of Eldoret (Uasin Gishu).
Number of Awards: Not specified
Benefits of AfDB ENABLE Youth Program for Young Agripreneurs
Successful applicants will be trained and enabled within the supported value chains
How to Apply for AfDB ENABLE Youth Program for Young Agripreneurs
- i. Get more details and Apply online at https://enableyouth.kilimo.go.ke
- ii. Application Period: 27th October to 25th November, 2020 (30 Days)
- iii. All submissions will be done online during the application open period
- iv. Nominated youth will be communicated by the recruitment firm – ACAL Consulting
GOODLUCK as you apply for AfDB ENABLE Youth Program for Young Agripreneurs
Visit Award Webpage for Details on AfDB ENABLE Youth Program for Young Agripreneurs.