Good news! W. M. Tapp Studentships in Law at University of Cambridge is currently open. The Council of Gonville & Caius College at the University of Cambridge welcomes application submissions for W. M. Tapp Studentships in Law at University of Cambridge2020/2021 academic session. The Department of Finance does research and teaching in a broad range of financial topics but also comprises the Center of Statistics as an integrated part of the department. The Center for Statistics is in charge of research and teaching in probability theory and statistics and the application of these subjects within business economics.
W. M. Tapp Studentships in Law at University of Cambridge covers a three-year period, and the student accepted for the position will be associated with the Center of Statistics. Significant research topics take account of all topics and applications of statistics within business economics including, models important for analyzing big data, benchmarking production establishments, and credit scoring. PhD scholars are expected to teach. The teaching duties of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching in statistics.
The University of Cambridge has rich history – its popular Colleges and University buildings draws visitors from all over the globe. However, the University’s museums and collections also contains many treasures which give an exciting understanding into some of the scholarly events, both past and present, of the University’s academics and students. The University is one of the earliest institutions of higher education in the world and it is a leading academic centre, and a self-governed community of intellectuals. Its status for exceptional academic attainment is recognized worldwide and reflects the intellectual accomplishment of its students, and the world-class original research conducted by the staff of the University and the Colleges. Several of the University’s customs and unusual terminology can be traced to roots in the early years of the University’s long history, and this section of our website looks to the past to find the roots of much that is distinctive in the University at the moment.
Closing date: The next application closing date is December 31, 2020.
Institution: University of Cambridge
Study level: PhD
Benefits of W. M. Tapp Studentships in Law at University of Cambridge
W. M. Tapp Studentships in Law at University of Cambridge benefits are:
- The worth of the Studentship will be determined after bearing in mind successful applicants’ income from other sources.
- Proper University and College fees will be paid, together with a maintenance award (presently £11,257 for applicants pursuing the LLM and £15,009 for applicants pursuing the PhD respectively) which fulfills the Graduate Admissions Office’s conditions for entry as a graduate student.
- An extra college studentship of £500 each year is paid.
- A support may also be made towards costs of travelling to this country if the student’s home is overseas.
- An allowance payment may be made for dependents, and grants are available for research costs.
Eligibility for W. M. Tapp Studentships in Law at University of Cambridge
- These are accessible to applicants who are not already members of the College but who offer to register as graduate students in the University of Cambridge and follow a course in the Law Faculty.
- The conditions of the trust do not permit studentships for courses in criminology.
- It is not likely that applicants for the Masters in Corporate Law will be successful.
- Scholars will be expected to apply for State Studentships or other research grants for which they may be qualified, for example, AHRC funding, Gates Awards or Cambridge Trusts Awards.
- The College can always accommodate all graduate students all through their course but after the first year this is not assured.
- Tenure of a studentship is conditional upon the elected Student being admitted by the Graduate Admissions Office, Cambridge University (Applications must be submitted online via GRADSAF.
- Applicants must be graduates in law of any university in the United Kingdom or somewhere else, or be about to graduate not later than 1 September 2020. They will be anticipated to be of exceptional academic capability.
How to Apply for W. M. Tapp Studentships in Law at University of Cambridge
- Applicants must finish a studentship application form, seen on the college website.
Click here for more details and to apply for W. M. Tapp Studentships in Law at University of Cambridge.