University of Tokyo is happy for offer eligible and outstanding students scholarship to kick start their career journey in Japan. The Korean Foundation Scholarship is now ongoing for the academic year 2022-2023.
South Korean or North Korean students, who are privately financed, below 40 years of age, need financial assistance and hold excellent academic records are eligible to participate in this programme. The scholarship award of 40,000 JPY or 70,000 JPY can be presented to MS or PhD applicants at Tokyo.
Description of University Tokyo
The University of Tokyo is a public research university ranking number 1 in the nation. Tokyo aims to nurture global leaders with a strong sense of public responsibility and a pioneering spirit, possessing both deep specialism and broad knowledge.
Why choose to study at the University of Tokyo? The University of Tokyo is a leading national university that expands the boundaries of human knowledge in partnership with society. And is considered to be the most selective and prestigious university in Japan. UTokyo provides its students exclusive experiences through different ways of learning. It tries to impart the kind of practical knowledge that employers look for today.
Brief Details of the University of Tokyo Korean Foundation Scholarship in Japan 2022-2023
- Institution: University of Tokyo
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: Graduate Degree
- Mode of Applying: Online
- Number of Scholarships: Not Given
- To be Taken at: Japan
- Eligible Countries: Students from South Korea and North Korea are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The master’s or PhD programme offered at the University of Tokyo can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be privately financed students coming from South or North Korea.
- The applicants must be younger than 40 years of age as of 1st April 2022.
- Students are required to have previous academic qualifications in a relevant field, typically a bachelor’s or a master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to have Japanese language skills.
Value of Scholarship
The selected candidates will be offered 40,000 JPY – 70,000 JPY by the University of Tokyo for their graduate study costs.
- How to Apply: Admission applications can be made through the university website. To apply for the scholarship, students must submit the scholarship application form along with the support documents via mail to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Transcript of current course
- Copy of students ID
- Copy of residents card
Please take admission through the university’s portal, then apply for scholarship through the apply now link below.