Good news! United Nations SDSN Pathways Fellowship for Young Urban Leaders is currently open. The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) has launched the call for applications of its 2020 Local Pathways Fellowship program. United Nations SDSN Pathways Fellowship for Young Urban Leadersis one of the world’s leading training and research programs on SDG11 for young urban leaders. It provides the knowledge, resources, and means needed to enable young urban innovators to take local steps for the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda in their localities by:
- Guiding and informing their advocacy and outreach work;
- Providing them with a framework for engagement with local stakeholders;
- Facilitating mutual learning and exchange of urban solutions; and
- Supporting their efforts to promote local understanding, dialogue and problem-solving for sustainable development.
The English language aspect of the Indigenous Fellowship Program (IFP) was created in 1997. It occurs at the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) in Geneva, Switzerland and goes for 4 weeks, regularly coinciding with the yearly meeting of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (EMRIP). The goal of this training program is to improve the knowledge of indigenous individuals on existing international human rights instruments and mechanisms, so they can utilize them to more efficiently advocate for the rights of their societies and raise their concerns at the international level. At the conclusion of the Program, trained members are also in a better position to share and give training sessions on the knowledge gotten to their indigenous communities and organizations.
Organization: United Nations
Course to study: Not specified
Gender: Men and Women
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
Aim and Benefits of United Nations SDSN Pathways Fellowship for Young Urban Leaders
- The fellows will benefit from global visibility and exposure as champions for sustainable urban development, numerous opportunities to develop their expertise, as well as access to our vast network of SDG professionals and advocates.
- To be part of SDSN Youth and the Local Pathways Fellowship empowers you to be at the forefront of efforts taken by the United Nations, governments, companies, and civil society in emerging and leading a global movement for sustainable development and enables you to make an impact.
- Being part of a movement of young people, who are committed to sustainable development and are being equipped with the necessary skills and tools to overcome key challenges and meaningfully contribute to the achievement of SDGs in communities.
- The Fellowship enables you to build professional and personal relationships with high-level stakeholders in civil society, business, government, and the United Nations.
- By joining the Local Pathways Fellowship, you will be part of a diverse and exceptional group of fellows with a variety of cultural, religious, and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
- The relationships you develop through SDSN Youth and the Local Pathways Fellowship could serve as a foundation for your future endeavors.
- Supported by our global team of experts, you will progress rapidly in a challenging but flexible, fulfilling, and meaningful environment.
- You may be selected to attend and/or speak at events
- Your experiences will become central to our program ?s efforts and legacy.
Eligibility for United Nations SDSN Pathways Fellowship for Young Urban Leaders
United Nations SDSN Pathways Fellowship for Young UrbanLeaderswelcomes young applicants across the globe, passionate about sustainable urban development. Requirements for the applicants:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old (exceptions may apply);
- Be based in the same city throughout the Fellowship (January to November 2020);
- Demonstrated commitment to working toward urban sustainable development;
- A minimum of one year of professional or academic experience in development practice, urban planning, community engagement, and advocacy, or similar.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
How to Apply for United Nations SDSN Pathways Fellowship for Young Urban Leaders
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations on sdsn-youth.breezy.hr to apply for United Nations SDSN Pathways Fellowship for Young Urban Leaders.
For more details on United Nations SDSN Pathways Fellowship for Young Urban Leaders, visit SDSN website.