The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2021 is now available to be undertaken by international students from across the world are welcome to apply. The American University EGL scholarship covers all expenses AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States.
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship upholds educational access and opportunity while improving international diversity. Bringing together the best of AU – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement – the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision.
Description of the The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2021 for Foreign Students
- Provider: American University
- Degree Level: Undergraduate degree
- Available Awards: One
- Value of Awards: full tuition, room and board
- Discipline: All Course Area
- Nationality: International Students
- To be taken at: USA
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Eligibility: The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship for Fall 2021 is open to international students; Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- At least 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all sub-scores must be 20 or above)
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all sub-scores must be 6.0 or above)
- 33 minimum SAT Reading Sub-score
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 minimum PTE
- 120+ Duolingo (all sub-scores must be 110 or above)
- Students who are still registered in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2021.
Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2021.
Ineligibility: You are NOT eligible to apply if;
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2019.
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship will covers;
- All fundings of the AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States.
- The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
Interested and qualified aspirants should complete the online AU EGLS application and visit the official AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship page for further application instructions.
Go through their official website for more information
Sharing is Caring!