Good news! Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship is currently open. Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for masters and doctoral research studies. This scholarship covers annual living allowance: $35,600, relocation allowance: $550 and research allowance per annum: $1,500.
The Scholarship (SJMN) is financed by a private trust and was founded in memory of the late Sir James McNeill, who had a stretched association with Monash University.
This prestigious scholarship is available for research that is both environmentally responsible and socially beneficial and helps support a student with living costs whilst studying at Monash.
Monash University is a public research institution of higher education situated in Melbourne, Australia. Named after renowned World War I general, Sir John Monash, it was established in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. The school has a lots campuses, four of which are in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), and one in Malaysia. The institution also has a research and teaching centre in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India and a graduate school in Suzhou, China. The institutions courses are also done at other locations, including South Africa.
Deadline: October 31, 2020 (annual)
Institution(s): Monash University
Level of Study: Masters / PhD (Doctoral)
Study in: Australia
- Arts (School of Music only)
- Health Sciences
Benefits of Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship
Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship will provide
- Annual living allowance: $35,600.
- Relocation allowance: $1,500.
- Research allowance per annum: $1,500.
Eligibility for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship
To be qualified for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship, applicants must meet the requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- English Language Test requirements for General: (6.5) overall (no band less than 6.0) in IELTS, and (79 +) Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21 in TOEFL.
- English Language Test requirements for Arts, Business and Economics: (7) overall (no band less than 6.5) in IELTS, and (94 +) Reading 19, Listening 20, Speaking 20 & Writing 24 TOEFL.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- An International student.
- A New Zealand citizen.
- An Australian citizen.
- Australian permanent resident.
- Australian humanitarian visa holder.
- Check the qualifications for admission to research master’s according to field of study: from here.
- Have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Grants are awarded based on an candidate’s academic record, research output and prior research experience.
- Have not previously had an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for beyond six months.
- Have submitted a scholarship application in the current year.
- Be undertaking research that is both environmentally responsible and socially beneficial.
Steps to Apply for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
- You need to receive an invitation to apply, before you apply. To get one, you’ll need to complete an expression of interest and/or find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research. This depends on the faculty/institute.
- Registerfor Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship, by click on “Apply Now“.
- All sections of online application are explained here.
- Indicate that you wish to be considered for a scholarship on the application form. There is no need to fill out a separate application form.
Applicants do not need to state which scholarship you are applying as you are automatically considered for all graduate research scholarships (where qualified).
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Certified/Official academic transcripts, degree certificate or testamur from awarding institution (with an explanation of the grading schema).
- Proof of citizenship.
- Evidence of fulfilling the English language proficiency requirements.
- Invitation to Apply.
- Research proposal.
Should you have no pre-existing relationship with a Museums Victoria Curator exist, please reach Mr Timothy Stranks (Museums Victoria) via email ([email protected]).
To apply and inquire further about Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship, please visit the Official Website.