To recognize the efforts of students who wish to study in the USA, San Jose State University is pleased to offer Merit and Leadership Impact Scholarships for International Students. Applications are now open for the academic year 2022-2023.
All international applicants that hold a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher are eligible to apply. The scholarship will be awarded to selective students for their undergraduate or graduate study on a semester basis. Winners will be selected on the basis of a comprehensive and holistic review of application materials, including written essays, GPA, test scores, and other evidence of scholastic ability and academic achievement.
Description of San Jose State University
San Jose State University is a public university in San Jose, California. It is the oldest public university on the West Coast and the founding campus of the California State University system. San Jose State University is ranked 22nd in Regional Universities West.
Why choose to study at the San Jose State University? San José State University is one of the most transformative universities in the nation. The university campus is dedicated to realizing the university’s potential as a nationally prominent urban public university. It provides a comprehensive university education. The university’s mission is to transmit knowledge to its students along with the necessary skills for applying it in the service of society.
Brief Details of the San Jose State University Merit and Leadership Impact Scholarships for International Students in USA 2022-2023
- Institution: San Jose State University
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate or Graduate Studies
- Mode of Applying: Online
- Number of Scholarships: Not Given
- To be Taken at: USA
Application Deadline: April 15, 2022
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply to an undergraduate or graduate programme offered at San Jose State University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be active students at SJSU for the following academic year.
- The applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- The students must have a 2.5 institutional or college cumulative GPA (from the 0.0 – 4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full-time study in a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to submit official TOEFL, Academic IELTS, or Academic PTE Scores.
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 53
- Duolingo – 120
Value of Scholarship
The educational fund will be provided by the San Jose State University to the selected students to cover their study costs.
- How to Apply: Applicants are first required to make a general application for admission. Then, you can apply for the scholarship after taking admission.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of current passport
- Copy of visa
- Bank letter or bank statement
- Declaration of finance form.