Good news! Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship is currently open. Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship is only offered for Postdoctoral studies. The fellowship expenses are estimated to cover cost of a short-term, furnished rental apartment, plus cost of living for food, local transportation, and other important needs.
This fellowship award is a federally financed international exchange program that offers democracy activists, journalists, civil society leaders and driven scholars from around the globe the rewarding opportunity to spend five months in Washington, D.C at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED). to carry out independent research on democracy in a certain nation or region in the world.
Deadline: October 1, 2020
Institution(s): National Endowment for Democracy
Level of Study: Postdoctoral / Non-degree
Study in: USA
- Democratic Studies
- 5 months
Benefits of Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship
Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship provides the recipient with the benefits below:
- Fellowship expenses are estimated to cover cost of a short-term, furnished rental apartment, with “cost of living” for food, local transportation, and other needs.
- Each fellow receives a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and round-trip travel to and from Washington, D.C., at the beginning and end of the fellowship period.
- Fellows are provided with a completely furnished office, with a limited budget for long-distance phone calls and professional trips within the United States.
- Please note that fellows who wish to bring family members with them to Washington, D.C., will be expected to cover the costs of their dependents’ round-trip travel and stay within the United States.
Eligibility for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship
To be eligible for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship, applicants must meet the criteria bellow:
- Required Language: English
Demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Should be present to work in residence at the International Forum for Democratic Studies in Washington, D.C. throughout the 5 month fellowship time (October 1-February 28 or March 1-July 31). No other fellowships or jobs may be held at this time.
- Suggest a project concentrating on the political, social, economic, legal or cultural aspects of democratic growth.
- Candidates on the practitioner track should:
- Have a significant practical knowledge and experience working to promote democracy or human rights in their country of origin or interest.
- Be mid-career professionals.
- Candidates on the scholarly track should:
- Hold a doctorate (a Ph.D., or academic equivalent) at the period of application.
- Possess a proven record of publications in their field.
- Have established a meticulous research outline for their fellowship project.
- Prior to applicants’ arrival in the United States, fellows who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of the United States must obtain a J-1 exchange visitor visa in order to travel to the United States. Accompanying family members must obtain a J-2 visa.
- Fellowship applicants cannot have participated in a J-1 research scholar program within the 24 months immediately preceding their Reagan-Fascell fellowship.
- Fellows who are sponsored on our J-1 visa are typically required by U.S. law to return to their home country for two years following the completion of their fellowship before they may apply for an H visa, an L visa, or for legal permanent residence.
How to Apply for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship
Please follow the following steps to avail Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship:
- In order to apply for the Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship you must first create an account through the online portal. Once you have set up an account, the application process requires you to submit:
- Applicant information.
- Project proposal for the practitioner or the scholarly fellowship track.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Resume/CV and Biography.
- Please submit all application materials in English.
To inquire further about Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship, please visit Official Website.