If you are interested in acquiring a higher degree, then you are welcome to apply for the Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarship Awards which is open for the academic session 2021/2022. The Study Award programme is exclusively open for African students, this means preference will be given to African Students.
Description of the Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarship Awards 2021/2022
The management of Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is currently offering scholarships to Africans who wish to pursue their post-graduate studies within Africa, outside of their own countries.
Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Program aims to nurture leaders who have a continental development mindset.
In addition, they aim at nurturing leaders who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation between African countries.
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) scholarships apply to full-time studies of a one or two year Honors or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS preferred institutions (listed below). MINDS does not prescribe the course to be studied.
Chosen Institution for the Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarship Awards 2021/2022
To be considered for the MINDS scholarship, an applicant must have been accepted to study at one of the following institutions:
- African Leadership University, Rwanda.
- Strathmore University, Kenya.
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda.
- Makerere University, Uganda.
- African Leadership University, Mauritius.
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius.
- University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- The University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco.
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco.
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology
- Ghana University for Development Studies.
- Ghanaian -Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
Eligibility for the MINDS Scholarship
MINDS Scholarship are awarded on merit basis to the successful applicants following a rigorous selection process. To be considered for a MINDS Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizens of an African country, living in any African country;
2. One or more MINDS has formally accepted 2 preferred institutions outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency;
3. one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year has formally accepted 3.
- Have got at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study;
- Produce evidence of showed leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form;
- Submit a complete online application form (check below) with the required supporting documentation.
ApplIcation Procedure for the Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarship Awards 2021/2022
If you meet the eligibility requirements above, you can submit your application by clicking on the link below. Please have the following documents scanned, saved, and ready for uploading.
All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must:
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree to which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will begin.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application. (Optional)
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not over four (4) single-sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not over 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
Value of Scholarship
The Scholarship will cover the expenses below, depending if its a full or partial scholarship:
- Accommodation and meals,
- One return ticket per tenure of studies,
- A fixed stipend
People with a Pan-African outlook displayed leadership ability and an excellent academic record who wish to study on the African continent outside their home country are highly encouraged to apply for the scholarships.
Application is Ongoing! so students are advised to apply on time
Sharing is Caring!