Good news!Kumi University Scholarships is currently open. Kumi University in Uganda is presently welcoming applications for fully funded undergraduate scholarships in the 2020/2021 academic session.
Kumi University is one of the leading Christian universities in East Africa and is licensed by the National Council of Higher Education (NCHE). It is the first to be established in North Eastern Uganda in the Year 1999. The University offers a number of degree and diploma programs that are designed to develop a cadre of professionals. The major focus is to train upright, God-fearing and knowledgeable Christian Leaders to serve the communities.
To become a World-class holistic centre for quality, community tailored Education and Research. To provide holistic education tailored at transforming individuals and communities
Deadline: Application is ongoing
Institution: Kumi University
Level of study: Undergraduate
Benefits of Kumi University Scholarships
Kumi University Scholarships offers six (6) forms of scholarships to students:
- Full scholarship which includes tuition fees, other fees, meals and accommodation
- Full tuition and functional fees only.
- Full tuition fees only excluding other functional fees
- Full tuition fees, accommodation, and meals
- 25% of tuition only
- 50 % tuition scholarship
- Partial scholarship; this is a block amount decided by the scholarship committee which amount may differ from time to time.
Eligibility for Kumi University Scholarships
- Please read the various Kumi University Scholarships criteria carefully before completing the scholarship application form and ensure that you apply for only those scholarships that you are eligible for, and for which you meet the criteria.
- Incoming students should have obtained a minimum of 12 points in their A-Level and continuing University students must have a current and cumulative GPA of at least 4.0 out of 5.0 for Academic Excellence; the other scholarship categories will be selected on the basis of eligibility against the provided criteria in 1.6.2 to 1.6.8 below, and other information provided in the Application Form. An applicant for these categories should not have a retake in any module in the last semester of consideration.
- Please enclose a copy of your results together with the application form for Academic Excellence and other scholarship categories respectively.
- Students with any fees balances are not eligible for the scholarship
- An Applicant must write a Statement of Faith of not more than 1000 words typed in A4 paper.
- A hard copy of the application form has to be submitted along with One (01) passport size photograph at the time of submission.
- Provide evidence if any of the services or charitable work conducted to the community.
- With examples provide if any, how you handled difficulties and solved problems in the face of adversity.
- Consistent class attendance, partaking in church ministry and the Discipleship Training Program (DTP) and other University activities is an additional advantage.
- Applicants must also have the ability to communicate well in the group and individual situations; to establish rapport with a wide variety of people; to design and implement experiences to meet specific goals, and to quickly evaluate crisis situations and respond appropriately.
- Any misrepresentation or omission of information will be grounds for withdrawal or termination of the scholarship.
- Applicants must attach the supporting documents.
- Be informed that applications will be held for consideration for up to duration of two (02) months from the date of the deadline of submission. A list of the successful applicants will be hung on the notice boards.
- Please ensure that your application is clear and eligible
Categories of Kumi University Scholarships
A variety of scholarships have been created by the donors and supporters of Kumi University to assist incoming and continuing students with financial support. These categories are:
Twenty five percent (25%) or fifty percent (50%) scholarship:
The beneficiaries of this scholarship are all first year students who will have paid seventy-five percent (75%) of their tuition and 100% of other functional by the close of normal registration. The fifty percent scholarship will only be valid when the University has come into agreement with certain institutions.
Academic Excellence Scholarship:
This scholarship targets academically sound students who have obtained a minimum of 12 points in their A-Level of Education for the incoming students and a minimum of CGPA of 4.0 for the continuing University students. The beneficiaries receive full tuition fees only.
How to Apply for Kumi University Scholarships
Apply online via their website
Click here for more details and to apply for Kumi University Scholarships.