Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship is open to international students from all over the world who are interested to undertake postdoctoral research at Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) for academic year 2020-2021. Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship recipient receives a consultancy fee subject to the scope of the consultancy service. The fee must not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire period of the Scholarship.
The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) has substituted the economic research awards formerly conferred by its Economic Analysis and Research Department with the freshly created “Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship.” This Scholarship provides exceptional researchers the chance to donate to the wide range of research activities at the OeNB’s Economic Analysis and Research Department by providing consultancy services.
Deadline: October 31, 2020
Institution(s): Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)
Level of Study: Postdoctoral
Study in: Austria
Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program targets Austrian and international experts with a proven research record in economics and finance and with postdoctoral research experience. Candidates must be in active employment with a research academic institution in Austria or abroad and should be involved in broadening their research horizon and increasing their personal research networks in a setting of growing international research mobility.
Economic and Finance
Benefits of Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarshipprovides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Each Scholarship recipient receives a consultancy fee subject to the scope of the consultancy service. The fee must not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire period of the Scholarship (net of value-added tax). This fee shall satisfy all claims of the scholarship recipient toward the OeNB.
- If the consultancy services are subject to value-added tax, the consultancy fee will be increased by the applicable sales tax rate (currently 20%).
Note: The Scholarship recipient pays for his/her own accommodation during the consultancy period. The OeNB will assist the recipient in finding accommodation in Vienna if possible.
Eligibility for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
To be eligible for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship, these points should be considered:
- Required Language: English.
- EligibleCountries:All world countries
- Eligible candidates must have completed a PhD or hold an equivalent degree and published work
and done scientific research in the fields defined in the call for Scholarship applications.
- Applicants can be of any nationality and there is no age limit.
- Simply applications submitted by natural individuals will be accepted. It is not possible to apply for scholarship beyond one under the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program.
- Eligible candidates shall be acknowledged experts with a proven track record in economic research and will be well incorporated in their research community.
- Applicants must provide proof of active employment with a research institution at the time of
their application and for the period for which the Scholarship is granted.
- Applicants who have received a Scholarship under the program will not be able to re-apply.
Neither shall applications for renewal be accepted.
- Employees of the European Central Bank or other central banks in the European System of
Central Banks (ESCB) are not eligible for Scholarships
How to Apply for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
Please follow the following application procedure to avail Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship.
(1) Provide the following documents and information:
- A letter of motivation, including an indication of the time period envisaged for the consultancy.
- A detailed consultancy proposal
- A description of current research topics and activities
- An academic curriculum vitae
- A current list of publications (or an extract therefrom)
- The names of two references that the OeNB may contact to obtain further information about the applicant.
- Evidence of basic income (employment contract with the applicant’s home institution) during the term of the Scholarship, i.e. the consultancy period at the OeNB.
- Written verification by the home institution that the Scholarship, i.e. the provision of consultancy services by
- The applicant is not in violation of the applicant’s employment contract with the home institution.
(2) All documents must be compiled into one single PDF file.
(3) Send the PDF file to [email protected]
To know more about Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship, please visit the official website: Official Website