Good news!Karen McKellin Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia is currently open. The University of British Columbia in Canada is welcoming applications for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award (KMILOT) for Undergraduates in 2021.
A high school or college/university may put forward up to a maximum of two students for UBC’s Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow (KMILOT) Award for study at UBC’s Vancouver campus, a student at Okanagan campus, and a student for the Donald Wehrung International Student Award at either campus.
The Award distinguishes students who show greater academic attainment, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized accomplishment in fields of endeavor such as the performing arts, athlete, debating or innovative writing, or external educational competitions and examinations.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is an international centre for teaching, learning and research, constantly rated among the top 20 public universities on the globe and lately acknowledged as North America’s most international university.
Since 1915, the motto, Tuum Est (It is Yours), has been a declaration of commitment to attracting and supporting those who have the drive to shape a better world. As a result, UBC students, faculty and staff continue to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo, placing the school at the forefront of discovery, learning and engagement. UBC emboldens bold thinking, inquisitiveness and initiative, so you can grasp your utmost potential.
As one of the world’s topmost research universities, for beyond a century the University of British Columbia has fashioned positive change in Canada and overseas. Today, centered on our two major campuses — the Vancouver Campus and the Okanagan Campus — attract, nurture and proactively transform more than 58,000 students from Canada and 140 countries. The most reputable and prominent global ratings all constantly place UBC in the top five per cent of universities on the globe.
Universities are evaluated across numerous performance areas, comprising research productivity, quality in teaching, global collaborations, collaboration with businesses and the public sector, and academic and employer reputation. UBC positions number one in the world for taking urgent action to battle climate change and its effects. UBC’s exploration on climate change, usage of energy and preparations for dealing with effects of climate change is world leading.
Deadline: Application closes December 1, 2020.
Benefits of Karen McKellin Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia
The value of Karen McKellin Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia is proportional to your financial need.
- Monetary need is determined by adding up tuition, fees, and living expenses, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make every year.
- A standard needs evaluation is based on the financial data provided by you and your family.
Eligibility for Karen McKellin Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia
To be considered for Karen McKellin Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia, you must;
- Be a foreign student who will be schooling in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Be arriving UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other institution of higher education.
- Be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Fulfill UBC’s admission requirements, as well as general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- Exhibit superior academic attainment (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- Exhibit a level of monetary need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
How to Apply for Karen McKellin Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia
To apply for Karen McKellin Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia;
- Provide your award application and finish the online application for admission to UBC.
- Though you can stipulate two-degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.
Click here for more details and to apply for Karen McKellin Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia.