Intending to support the education of talented and outstanding students, The Jim Ovia Foundation is pleased to offer an amazing educational program to aid their studies. The Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Grants is accessible for the 2022 academic session.
Description of the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Grants 2022
Jim Ovia recipients are given funding for undergraduate study for the duration of the undergraduate program. The award includes tuition and maintenance allowance. The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities every year. The Financial records show that as of October 2010, Mr Ovia has invested 100 Million Naira in the program on 1500 beneficiaries.
In establishing the Jim Ovia Scholarship, Mr Ovia hoped to create a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete globally with their peers, bring new ideas, creativity and are committed to improving the lives and circumstances of people in their respective communities.
Scholarships are awarded based on personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others. Over time, it is expected that the Jim Ovia Scholarship beneficiaries will become leaders in helping to address challenges related to health, technology, and finance, all areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged.
Eligibility Requirements for the Jim Ovia Scholarship
- The scholarship is open to all potential students of Nigerian citizenship.
- One hundred (100) scholars are chosen every year from a pool of eligible applicants.
Scholarships are awarded based on personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to impact greatly to the society at large to improve the lives of others.
Aspiring students are advised to follow this guide:
- Complete an online application
- Have a Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License) Please note that a certificate of origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID. The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted instead of a government ID for such minors
- Submit an official original letter (not photocopied) letter from your school/Head of Department stating:
- Your full name
- Course Title
- Department of Study
- Matriculation number
Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their institution of study.
- Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
- A passport photograph
- Original JAMB certificate
Important Notice: Aspirants are to click on ‘LOG IN’ or ‘REGISTER NOW’ at the top right-hand corner of the homepage. Create a new account or log in with your existing credentials if you already have a Jim Ovia Scholar Account.
Please share this article to every prospective Nigeria students using the share button provided on this website.