How to Link Your NIN with Your Phone Number (For MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9Mobile)
In this post, we’ll teach you how to link your NIN with your SIM or telephone number so you’ll not be obstructed from utilizing your versatile line in the following fourteen days.
The NCC gave out a round notice that whoever doesn’t link their National Identification Number with their SIM will be impeded from utilizing their portable lines.
This report was made viral by the Special Assistant to the President Muhammadu Buhari, Bashir Ahmad.
“The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has given telecommunications operators (MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9Mobile and others) in the country two weeks to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers (NIN), the Commission has said in a statement,” he wrote in a tweet.
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has given telecommunications operators (MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9Mobile and others) in the country two weeks to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers (NIN), the Commission has said in a statement.— Bashir Ahmad (@BashirAhmaad) December 15, 2020
In the event that you’re thinking about how it’s done, this guide is planned to help clear your uncertainty.
How to Link Your NIN with Your Phone Number
To link your NIN with your MTN phone number, carry out the following steps:
- Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/ using your phone or computer
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait from feedback from the network in a couple of days.
The MTN NIN linking page shows up as appeared in the picture above.
Until further notice, other organization suppliers have not started sim connecting with NIN. When they initiate, we will refresh this post to mirror the means you should follow to do the linking.
Notwithstanding, to prepare yourself to have the option to do the linking of your NIN with your telephone number this is what you should do:
- Visit any NIMC office near you and apply for your National Identity Card if you haven’t
- Register and obtain your temporary ID slip which will contain your NIN
- Keep your NIN details in a safe place so that you’ll be able to provide them when necessary.
Dial *785# using the phone number you wish to link, enter your NIN and submit or dial *785*Your NIN# from the phone number you wish to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.
Download MyMTN App to submit your NIN details. You can then dial *346# to confirm if it has been linked.
Link NIN to AIRTEL:
For Airtel users,
- Visit the online registration link via www.airtel.com.ng/nin or
- dial *121*1# on your Airtel line to submit your NIN
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
Link NIN to 9MOBILE
For 9mobile users;
- Visit 9mobile.com.ng/nin
- Click on ‘Verify and Link your NIN now’
- Fill the required information and submit
- 9mobile USSD link code will be announced as soon as it is available
Link NIN to Glo:
Glo users can adopt any of these methods to link their NIN number;
- Visit the online registration portal via www.gloworld.com/ng/nin to fill your information and link. Or
- By SMS – type UPDATENIN followed by NIN number followed by Firstname followed by Lastname and send to 109, using the phone number you wish to link
What if you forgot your NIN and don’t have the slip?
On the off chance that you don’t have an idea about your NIN, simply dial *346# on the SIM card you enrolled with the National Identity Management Center (NIMC).
A message containing your NIN will be shown, simply copy it to some place safe.
Note that checking your NIN by means of the USSD given above costs N20 only.