Good news! Graduate Scholarship by Shanghai Government is presently open. Graduate Scholarship by Shanghai Government is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is open to undergraduate, masters and PhD study programs. This scholarshipfundscomplete tuition fee, accommodation, medical insurance and monthly living expense up to CNY3500.
Shanghai Government Scholarship SGS is open to international scholars to embark on higher education at educational institutes in Shanghai China for 2021-2022 session. Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) came in progress in 2006 with the goal to boost the growth of international scholar education in Shanghai and attract more and more brilliant international students.
Shanghai Government is offering Two Types of Scholarships. Type A (Full Scholarship) which comprises Exempt from tuition fee, Accommodation on campus; provide comprehensive medical insurance & Monthly living expense. Type B (Partial scholarship). Full Details are given below.
Applicants are welcomes to Apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship 2020 For Bachelors, Masters & Ph.D.
Deadline: Between January to June of each year
Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Institution(s): Shanghai Government
Study in: China
- Economics, Education, Literature, Law, History, Science, Management, Engineering, Philosophy, Agriculture, Medicine, and Art.
- Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2 to 3 years
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3 to 4 years
Benefits of Graduate Scholarship by Shanghai Government
Graduate Scholarship by Shanghai Government provides the beneficiary with two types of scholarships:
- Type A (Full Scholarship)
- Relieved of full tuition fee.
- Housing on campus
- Provide complete medical insurance
- Monthly Living Expense:
- Doctoral program: CNY3500
- Graduate program: CNY3000
- Undergraduate program: CNY2500
- Type B (Partial Scholarship)
- Relieved of tuition fee, and provide complete medical insurance.
Eligibility for Graduate Scholarship by Shanghai Government
To qualify for Graduate Scholarship by Shanghai Government, applicant must meet all of the requirements below:
- Required Languages: Normally, candidate should attain Chinese level of HSK4 and fulfill the language prerequisite of the applied university and program.
- Countries that are Eligible: All Countries in the World except applicants from China.
- Candidates must not be a Chinese citizen and should be in in good health.
- Candidates for the pre-college program must hold a high school diploma and be under 23.
- Candidates for the bachelor degree program must hold a high school diploma and be under 25.
- Candidates for the master degree program must own a bachelor degree and be under 35.
- Candidates for the doctoral degree program must hold a master degree and under 40.
- Exceptional in academic performance.
- Fulfilling entry prerequisites of the applied university and program.
- Candidate that has gotten any other scholarships offered by Chinese government or organizations is not eligible to apply SGS.
How to Apply for Graduate Scholarship by Shanghai Government
Follow the following application instructions to gain the Graduate Scholarship by Shanghai Government:
- Candidate should register and apply online through http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html. Submit online application and download the application form.
- Candidate should register and apply online via selected university website (List of universities is given above).Submit online application and pay application fee (if applicable).
- After submit the online application, download and print out the application form. Two sets of hard-copy of application documents should be mailed (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies) to the university where you have applied.
- General Documents required:
- Application Form from http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html
- Certified Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy):
- Photocopy of health certificate and blood test. Bring your original documents when entering China.
- Passport in Photocopy, as well as all Chinese visa pages.
- Certificates of award in your high school (not mandatory).
- Applicants under 18 must provide a Guardian’s Letter of Guarantee.
- Ensure your email address is accurate and check your email box occasionally; otherwise you might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
- The result of your application will be announced both in your application account and on the bulletin of International Students’ Office website.
- Enrolled students must come along with the original graduation certificate and diploma to register on the dates listed on the admission letter.
To inquire further about Graduate Scholarship by Shanghai Government, please visit Official Website.