Google Internships are universal programs concentrated on bringing together large number of students developers into the open source software development. If you a tech savvy and you wish to enhance your experience in order to achieve your dreams then this programme is just right for you!
Students will be able work with an open-source organization on a 3-month programming project during their break from school. Internship programs are now valued in our society today.
- 1 Overview of the Google Internships and Application Requirements 2021
- 2 List of Google Internships and Application Requirements 2021
- 3 1. Technical Director, Office of the CTO – Google Cloud
- 4 2. Product Marketing Manager at Google
- 5 3. Student Training in Engineering Program, STEP 2021
- 6 4. Telecom Partnership Leads Partnerships Solutions at Google, Google Internship
- 7 5. Storage Technology Partner Manager, Google Cloud, Google Internships
Overview of the Google Internships and Application Requirements 2021
Without much difficulty, this article will explain the details the top internship programs for African students.
This would include descriptions and also application links, so if you’re an African student interested in an internship program because of its value, you can click on any of the links and obtain your work experience. The labor market at the university is changing, and its competitiveness is growing.
Other than your GPA and Achievements, employers now want to see more applicants who have completed one or more internships.
Regarding Monster.com, internship experience is most important for employers when considering a new degree in college as full-time work.
Google interns are paid. Generally, most Google interns earn more than a majority of full-time employees across the country. Also, Glassdoor.com says the average Google intern earns about $5,678 monthly or $68,136 per year.
List of Google Internships and Application Requirements 2021
Below is the list of wonderful and top google internship you can apply for:
1. Technical Director, Office of the CTO – Google Cloud
Google Nigeria is not a conventional company, and they don’t aspire to become one. Truly, they share features with the world’s most successful organizations.
A focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel.
At Google, we know that every employee has something important to contribute and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, and also the opportunity to obtain further financial bonuses and rewards.
Carefully read the Job requirements before apply for this role
- Job Title: Technical Director, Office of the CTO – Google Cloud
- Organisation: Google
- Locations: Accra: Ghana, Johannesburg: South Africa, Lagos: Nigeria, and Nairobi: Kenya
The Office of the CTO (OCTO) is a multiple team of highly experienced engineers and technologists, working on behalf of the Cloud CEO, whose mission is to promote market-disrupting collaborative innovation between Google and the world’s most prestigious orgranisations.
You must be able to create and reinforce the human pathways between Google Engineering and our most strategic customers and partners as a Technical Director, Office of the CTO, Google Cloud.
Allowing all of us to start from loosely defined, potentially transformative market opportunities and convert them into new, technology-enabled businesses.
As the director, your experiences spans people, processes technology, with a strong emphasis on engineering savvy that enables expert judgment in high stakes situations where complex decisions are made in an environment of significant uncertainty.
You will help our customers create their future and help us create the future of Google by consistently tuning our innovation system to the needs of the world’s most complex enterprises.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities, and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future.
Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
Responsibilities of a Technical Director, Office of the CTO – Google Cloud
- Cultivate collaborative innovation with enterprises and organizations in the Africa region.
2. Combine information from past experience and new learnings into suggestions for new Google products and platforms.
3. Motivate others internally and externally to work through difficult and disruptive endeavors through sharing experiences/learnings while a member of OCTO.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
2. 10 years of work experience in software, hardware, or infrastructure engineering, with a focus on technical innovation and engineering leadership.
3. Experience leading and influencing strategic initiatives without authority.
4. Experience communicating with customers on the impact of technology.
- Extensive experience co-creating cloud roadmaps at a CIO, CTO, or SVP of Engineering level.
- Team-oriented leader, with the ability to navigate across organizations and functions for the benefit of transformation projects with clients and/or a company.
- Highly technical, with experience applying technology to solve business problems.
Application Deadline is not Stated
Interested and eligible applicants should click here for more details on how to apply!
2. Product Marketing Manager at Google
- Organisation: Google
- Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
- Locations: Lagos: Nigeria, Johannesburg: South Africa
Overview of the Job
Either you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every aspects of the product’s journey.
From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization, and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base.
This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering, and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
The Product Marketing Manager will work across several aspects of marketing – go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events, and communication, but more exceptional across consumer products excellence and user insights.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unorthodox ways.
Our job is to display how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from every day to the epic, from the uneventful to the eventful.
And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
Responsibilities of a Product Marketing Manager
1. Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy. Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user.
2. Understand diverse dashboards, use the data to analyze product health, and be able to use that information to influence direction on product and marketing.
3. Support product pilots in the market by providing on-the-ground research and marketing support when needed.
4. Work with visiting research teams to help them better understand the market and achieve their objectives.
5. Partner with cross-functional stakeholders including product, user experience, design, analytics, creative and leadership, to drive product roadmaps, strategy, and execution.
1.Experience using user insights to drive product excellence.
2. Experience analyzing and interpreting online consumer insights and trends.
3. Experience working with product and engineering teams.
- Experience working in the technology industry
- Ability to develop and understand strategy.
- Ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures, and cases
- Marketing experience
- In-depth Knowledge of Google’s products and the technology industry.
Application Deadline is not stated
How to apply: Interested and eligible applicants should visit their website for more details.
3. Student Training in Engineering Program, STEP 2021
STEP (Student Training in Engineering Program), previously known as Engineering Practicum is a Google Internships, is a 12-week internship for first and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for computer science.
Our excellent internship offers the opportunity to work on a software project alongside other STEP interns and full-time Googlers and offers the opportunity to bridge the gap between academic understanding and practical professional experience.
What you can expect from this STEP Google Internship
- Complete a challenging technical project where you will build solutions and gain exposure to immense scale and complexity.
- Attend technical talks by Googlers, gain insight into technical interview preparation, learn about Google’s coding practices and technologies, and develop other skills that will set you up for success.
- Receive coaching and mentorship from Google engineers to guide you through your summer experience.
- Build personal networks and friendships with a diverse group of students who share your passion for technology.
Responsibilities of Students Training in Engineering Program
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-life situations
2. Complete a challenging technical project with a team of Googlers and other STEP interns.
3. Improve your coding by using new tools and programming languages.
4. Attend training sessions to build your professional skills and to help set you up for success.
5. You will be matched with a Google engineer to mentor you throughout the internship
1. First-year students have taken one college computer science course (AP or IB included). Second-year students should have taken two.
- Returning to a Bachelor’s degree program with at least two years remaining in their academic program after completion of the Summer 2021 internship.
- Ability to complete a full-time, 12-week internship between May and August or June and September 2021 (exact program dates will be provided at a later point in the process).
- Experience in programming outside of your university course.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
Application Deadline was not given
How to apply: For More details, Click here to apply
4. Telecom Partnership Leads Partnerships Solutions at Google, Google Internship
Partnerships Solutions is composed of industry experts and Partner Managers across various industries that partner with multiple global businesses, partnerships, and product teams to provide dedicated backing to our international priority.
Partners, incubate transformative ideas, and enable and rally cross-functional teams towards new opportunities, accelerate partnerships and drive strategic initiatives, and engage with the broader ecosystem to bring the best of Google to solve industry challenges.
Job Title: Telecom Partnerships Lead, Partnerships Solutions
Locations: Telecom Partnerships Lead, Partnerships Solutions
Carefully read the details of this job to know what it entails before applying
As a Telecom Partnerships Lead, you will address the opportunities and challenges in Google’s relationships with African telecoms operator groups.
In this position, you will have an opportunity for high-level visibility and impact, both internally and with a set of influential telecom operators partners and the broader telecom ecosystem, supporting and supplementing the efforts of Google teams in our relationships with the telecoms ecosystem in Africa.
1. Set and execute our overall partnership strategy with the telecom industry and our largest, and most strategically important telecom operator partners.
2. Develop executive relationships and align Google against the partners’ most pressing goals.
3. Collaborate across teams to ensure a partner-centric approach. Collaborate with and influence senior product leaders to build products and services that increases business growths
4. Identify key external challenges and new strategic partnerships that present significant opportunities based on partners’ strategic priorities.
5. Represent Google externally at relevant industry events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
2. Experience within the African telecom industry.
- Experience working on or leading cloud strategies
- Ability to maintain working relationships internally and externally across teams and organizations.
- Unique problem solving and business decision-making skills.
- Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Ability to manage ambiguity, solve complex problems and scale effectively across a large and highly distributed organisations.
Application deadline is not given however, interested and eligible aspirants can click and apply for this position via their website.
5. Storage Technology Partner Manager, Google Cloud, Google Internships
The Global Tech Partnerships team is one of the Google Internships that develops and supports strategic enterprise partnerships and the partner ecosystem across Google Cloud — Google Workspace, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Maps, and Education.
We work closely with external partners and across Google’s product management, engineering, marketing, and all customer-facing organizations to foster tighter integration by partners with Google’s open APIs across Google’s products.
Through these technical and business partnerships, we seek to create joint success, customer multipliers, and a functional ecosystem of partners aimed at delighting customers.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud.
Our products are engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware.
- Location: Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA
As a Storage Technology Partner Manager, you’ll develop and drive the Google Cloud business relationship with key Independent software vendors (ISV) across the Global Partner Ecosystem and play a “player-coach” role.
Your focus will majorly be on vendors in the Storage and Data Protection space. You will be responsible for driving the whole partner lifecycle from strategy to recruiting, integrations, and launches.
You will manage a broad set of stakeholders ranging from product and engineering leadership to sales, and your depth of experience in the Cloud ISV ecosystem gives you insights into the vendors and industry trends that will enable your success in driving partnerships.
1. 10 years of experience in Partner Management and/or Business Development.
2. Experience working with public cloud solutions across Software-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) markets.
3. Experience working with cloud-based technologies.
- Experience managing and growing relationships with cross-functional teams internally and externally.
- Experience in SoftWare Engineering and/or Product Management.
- Displayed ability to plan and manage strategic and operational levels and launch new products in the marketplace.
1. Lead the development and strategy with partners in the storage ecosystem.
2. Engage with Product Management, Sales, and Engineering teams to align product directions with our external partners.
3. Work with peer teams to establish partner strategy and priorities that will determine recruiting and partner development focus and be responsible for recruiting, developing, and supporting strategic technology partnerships and the partner ecosystem.
4. Help partners leverage Google’s technology to enhance their offerings, integrate with them to fill gaps in and extend our product portfolio, and work with them in the field to help land these partnerships with customers, channel partners, and sales.
5. Be the point of contact for partners around all key areas and drive new partnerships, support integration of new products to existing partners, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of daily business challenges.
Application Deadline : Not Given
Google Internships 2021 is accessible to National and international students from all over the world. The duration of the internship is three months
There are some amazing benefits of Google Internships, such as a free never-ending supply of food and snacks, fitness classes, onsite wellness, and healthcare services.
I hope you benefitted from this article, kindly share by hitting the share button below