Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award is currently open. Global Citizen invites applications for the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award. The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to showcase the effect that young people are having on attaining the Global Goals, and to accelerate international problem-solving.
Global Citizen is a group of engaged citizens who are making use of their collective voice to put an end to extreme poverty by 2030. On their channel, Global Citizens learn about the systemic sources of extreme poverty, take action on those matters, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of an international community devoted to lasting change.
Cisco and Global Citizen are unified in their conviction that young people all over the world are leading the way to develop and implement solutions to accomplish the Global Goals, and to accelerate international problem-solving.
Benefits of Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award
Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award winner will receive:
- USD $250,000 granted to a person or specific people on behalf of an establishment that is judged to best fit selection conditions.
- An all-inclusive round-trip to award ceremony in December for themselves and a guest.
- Networking and development opportunities to support their work.
Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award Selection Process
Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award applicants will be judged against conditions by a group of Global Citizen, Cisco, and independent professionals.
Up to 10 semi-finalists will be selected and notified on or around October 15, 2020 to submit 3 letters of recommendation. (Once you apply for the Prize, you should have your letters of recommendation ready for submission.) Supplemental information might also be requested of semi-finalists.
If selected as one of the 10 semi-finalists, you will be judged by a panel of representatives from Global Citizen, Cisco, and esteemed activists and leaders in the international development field.
From the 5-10 semi-finalists, 3 finalists will be chosen and informed on or close to October 30, 2020. The 3 finalists will move forward to a public vote and final round of judging.
The Prize Winner will remain secret and publicized either at the time of filming, live on stage at the 2020 Global Citizen Prize Ceremony or through airing in December 2020.
Eligibility for Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award
- You must be 18-30 years old as of award ceremony in December 2019, and be able to travel to award ceremony to accept prize.
- For a duration of three years, you have to be willing to engage in media interviews and appearances, and give rights to GC and Cisco to use your name, likeness and appropriate content in GC or Cisco marketing promotions and on GC or Cisco owned-platforms, like globalcitizen.org, cisco.com, and social platforms.
- You must accept the terms and conditions.
- You must not be a citizen of a country or entity subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entity of the US that may limit the transfer of the award money.
- You must not be an employee of Global Citizen or Cisco.
- You must not have received prize funding or direct grant award from Cisco or the Cisco Foundation in the past.
How to Apply for Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award
- The application consists of four parts: (1) Personal and Organization Information, (2) Pitch / About Your Work (4) Description of how your work aligns with the Judging Criteria (4) Supplemental Organizational Details.
- For the first part, you will be required to submit basic information about you and your organization and a scanned copy of your passport.
- For the second part, you must explain why you deserve this award and provide us with a 2-3 minute video of your pitch. You will also be required to answer 4 short answer questions about your work.
- For the third part, you will describe in 250 words or less, how you have achieved each one of the Prize’s criteria.
- And for the fourth part, you will submit proof of your organization’s registration details including the certificate of registration, incorporation or tax exemption and other supplemental information.
Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award application deadline
The closing date to submit an application is 11:59pm EDT Sunday, Sept 20.