Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is open for high performing students who are willing to enroll for their degree program in USA.
The scholarship scheme is open for applicants who are passionate about self-development and skill acquisition. Sawiris Foundation for Social Development is willing to financially support outstanding students who are willing to pursue their dreams but are facing financial challenges. The program covers full tuition, living expenses, travel and health insurance.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Sawiris Foundation
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Name of Institution(s): Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits
Number of Scholarships: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
To become eligible for this program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Candidates must demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Applicants must posses good professional and academic track record.
- Awards are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section).
Applicants who are itereted i this program must complete an online application and provide the necessary documents by the application deadline.
Interested applicants must have a completed application form including the personal statement, a copy of valid passport ID page, a copy of the National ID, all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts, TOEFL/IELTS score, two letters of recommendation, one personal photo, a copy of the National ID of the guarantor (the guarantor is the person who signs the contract with the accepted student. This person could be his/her father, mother, sister, or brother. The guarantor’s role is to ensure that the student is fulfilling his/her commitments.), an updated resume and a HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
Application Deadline: October 12, 2023