Good news! Fully Funded Scholarship by Beijing Government is presently on fro submissions. Fully Funded Scholarship by Beijing Government is a completely financed scholarship for foreign scholars. The first fund of the scholarship is 35 million yuan (US$5 million) from the Beijing Municipal Education Commission. The scholarship is categorized into 3 groups with the highest at 40,000 yuan (US$5,700) for each beneficiary.
The Beijing Municipal Government has established a scholarship fund for foreign applicants and scholars in Beijing, the first of its kind to be formed by a city government in China. The scholarship is funded by the government, but personalities, companies and organizations are heartened to donate to the scholarship fund in the future.
Deadline: Between January and March
Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Institution(s): Beijing Universities
Study in: China
The aim of the Fully Funded Scholarship by Beijing Government is to attract more foreign scholars to school in Beijing so as to uphold the internationalization of Beijing’s higher education.
- Economics, Education, History, Science, Literature, Engineering, Agriculture, Law, Medicine, Management, Philosophy, and Art.
- Candidates for BSc, MSc and PhD Degrees in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: period of scholarship should be under 4 years.
- The period of scholarship should be under one year. Entrants for Chinese language training or pertinent advanced studies in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing district.
- Foreign applicants/scholars and for specialized training in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: the period of scholarship should be under one year.
- Exchange students or scholars with exceptional contributions to international education in Beijing: the period of scholarship should be under one year.
Benefits of Fully Funded Scholarship by Beijing Government
The Fully Funded Scholarship by Beijing Government for International Students only funds tuition fees. According to the candidates’ status, the allowance for scholarship scholars can be categorized into 5 types:
- Doctoral degree – 40,000 RMB/year
- Masters degree – 30,000 RMB/year
- Bachelor degree 20,000 RMB/year
- 10,000 RMB/year – Senior training or long term language program
- Exchange students with exceptional contributions to international education in Beijing – 5,000 RMB/year.
Eligibility for Fully Funded Scholarship by Beijing Government
To qualify for Fully Funded Scholarship by Beijing Government, applicants have to meet all of the requirements below:
- Necessary Languages: Prerequisite for the prospective students’ language proficiency is based on the prerequisite of the academic programs and determined by the individual higher learning institution.
- Eligible Nations: Every country in the world except Chinese citizens.
- Candidates must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Candidates for undergraduate programs in Beijing must have finished senior high school with good grades and be under the age of 30.
- Candidates for MSc degree programs in Beijing must possess BSc degree and be under the age of 35.
- Candidates for PhD degree programs in Beijing must have Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Candidates for advanced programs must possess an undergraduate degree or be in the second year of a university course and be under the age of 50.
- Candidates for long term language study must own a high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- Applicants that are visiting scholar in Beijing must own a Masters or higher degree or hold academic titles of associate professor or higher, and be under the age of 50.
- Meeting admission prerequisite of the applied university and program.
- Candidates should not be awardees of Chinese government scholarships at the same time.
How to Apply Fully Funded Scholarship by Beijing Government
Follow the following steps to avail Fully Funded Scholarship by Beijing Government:
- Select a university which offers Beijing Government Scholarship from here.
- Once you finalize any university located in Beijing then visit the website of that University in Beijing for “International Students” and locate Scholarships tab
- In Scholarships Section, click on Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship. Here you’ll see the whole process guide of that precise Beijing University with application forms and necessary document list but see below steps for the general procedure:
- List of Documents Required for Fully Funded Scholarship by Beijing Government:
- Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship Application Form can be collected from the institutions in Beijing or downloaded from the school’s website.
- Highest diploma and transcript (notarized photocopy).
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Photocopy) printed by the Chinese quarantine authority and only for entrants whose time of study in China is six months or greater.
- Candidates for Degree study or specialized research should submit a study plan (no more than 400 words) or a research plan (not beyond 800 words).
- Candidates for music and fine arts are demanded to submit personal works.
- Legal documents of their legal guardians in China should submitted by candidates under the age of 18 should.
- Candidates submit documents to the Chinese government office in charge of sending foreign scholars to China, relevant offices in the candidates’ home country, or the Chinese diplomatic missions or embassies in the candidates’ home country.
- Candidates may submit documents to Chinese institutions in Beijing straight.
To inquire further about Beijing Government Scholarship, please visit Official Website.