Application for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship now open to international students who wish to study in Ireland.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship program is a fully funded program that provides up to a maximum of €28,000 per annum in any approved year and covers eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum, a stipend of €19,000 per annum, and a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum for all foreign students who wish to study in Ireland. The program support suitably qualified research master’s and doctoral candidates pursuing, or intending to pursue, full-time research in any discipline and the program is an initiative of the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Ireland
Name of Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Ireland
Scholarship Worth: Several
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
To be considered for the this scholarship programme 2024 application, the applicant must the following criteria:
- Applicant must be an international student (foreign student) applying to study in Ireland
- Applicant must be affiliated with an eligible Irish higher education institution or research-performing organisation.
- Applicant must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant programme, including to strategic partner themes.
- This applies regardless of whether the applicant has changed their host institution or research topic since a previous submission.
- Applications will only be accepted in either the Irish or English language.
Interested applicants for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship should read the call documentation carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant and supervisor forms are provided for information purposes only. All applicants must create and submit their forms via the online system.