Hurray! The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology is happy to support outstanding and talented students through its Full Scholarship Awards at GIST. The educational opportunity is accessible to all high performing students who will commence any degree coursework in Korea.
Description of the Full Scholarship Awards at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
The Korean government created the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) in Gwangju, South Korea, in 1993 as a research-oriented institute. GIST is a research institution committed to establishing a firm research foundation for the betterment of advanced science and technology.
The GIST Scholarship is a fully-funded excellent scholarship opportunity for overseas students in South Korea, where selected students will take part in research and education at a world-class institute. The GIST Scholarship in South Korea covers almost all study fields and majors. A master’s degree takes two years to complete, whereas a PhD takes four years.
GIST is also the first Korean university to make a thesis quality certification a requirement. As a result, the institute has been ranked first in the number of professor citations in South Korea for 14 years, and the GIST is ranked fourth in the QS World University Ranking.
- Acceptable Nationalities: All overseas students are qualified to apply for this amazing educational opportunity
- Entry Requirements: Applicants applying for the Master’s program must hold a Bachelor’s or a comparable degree. Also candidates must be applying for the PhD program must hold a master’s or equivalent degree.
- Supporting Documents:
- Official degrees and transcripts are required. Apostille is preferred or even notarized copies are acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation must have the sign and stamps of the recommenders.
- The recommenders do not have to send the letters on their own or separately.
- Official English language test report, i.e. TOEFL (BT) 80 / TOEFL (PBT) 550 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 750 / NEW TEPS 327 is the requirement. In case you do not get your test result on time. Your Domestic university can give a professional English language proficiency certificate.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport is required.
Gains from Full Scholarship Awards at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- All overseas students will receive 100% tuition fee help, that is the tuition fee will be waived.
- MS students will get a stipend of 140,000 Won each month.
- PhD students will be paid a stipend of 295,000 Won per month.
- A meal allowance of 100,000 Won will be given to both MS and PhD students. (Note: In order to receive a student and meal allowance, students must have completed at least 9 credits the preceding semester.
- Each Masters MS and PhD students will get a 120,000 Won international student allowance; however, the student must have a GPA of 3 or above out of 4.5 in the preceding semester
- MS students who take part in research projects will get a research assistantship of 4,785,384 won per year, while PhD students will receive a research assistantship worth 12,263,262 won per year.
- The cost of a one-way flight to Korea will be covered
- 80% of the country’s health insurance will be covered. Annual medical examinations are also covered by health insurance.
Application Deadline: Application Closes October 15, 2021
If find this article useful please share to your family and friends through the various social media platforms and also you can subscribe to this website for more useful opportunity