Intending to support the education of talented and bright students across the globe the Chinese Government is happily accepting applications into the Full Chinese Government UTSC Scholarship Grants. Interested students are welcome to apply and its applications are open for the academic year 2022/2023.
Brief Description of the Chinese Government UTSC Scholarship
The Chinese Government Scholarship is a Chinese University Program created by the Ministry of Education to assist Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
MOE authorized USTC to recruit full-time master and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship since 2008.
Eligibility Requirements of the Full Chinese Government UTSC Scholarship Grants 2022/2023
The following are the eligible requirements for applicants to be considered for this scholarship opportunity:
- Candidates must not be a Chinese Students and also must be physically healthy
- Aspirants must not have enrolled in any Chinese University at the time of application, or be a graduate of any Chinese Universities for more than one year.
- Education and Age Qualifications:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree (equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2021).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have a master’s degree (equivalent to a master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2021).
- For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2022, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their studies and obtain the degree by July of 2021.
- Students who have received other Chinese Scholarships or Fundings are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Duration of the Chinese Government UTSC Scholarship
The duration of the scholarship is decided as per the tenure of each specific program:
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3-4 academic years
Applicants who apply for programs instructed in Chinese but without sufficient Chinese language proficiency are required to take one-year Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialities.
For those who take the one-year Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly. Scholarship duration specified in the admission notice CANNOT be extended in principle.
The Chinese University Program Offers a Full scholarship which covers the entire tuition, accommodation, stipend and extensive medical insurance:
- Tuition Waiver
- Cost of Living: Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy. If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly accommodation subsidies:
- Master’s Students: CNY 700 Month
- ‘Doctoral Students: CNY 1000 Month
- master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
- doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
Interested Students are to follow of the Official Link provided in this article for more information on how to apply and the process
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2022
For Further Information, Contact:
Office of International Cooperation
University of Science and Technology of China
96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, 230026, Anhui, P. R. China
E-mail: [email protected] (the only email address for CSC application in USTC; messages sent to other email addresses may not be received or answered properly; please always indicate “CGS-CUP” in the subject of your email for any inquiries regarding your application to us)
Sharing is Caring!