The University of California Irvine is pleased to offer scholarship award to undergraduate and masters students who wish to enroll for a degree program.
The University of California Irvine Distinguished Scholarships Category is open to continuing students is open through the month of January for awarding in the upcoming academic year, to freshman students and is 3 renewable and 1 year for transfer beyond their initial year of tenure as long as applicants meet the eligibility requirements.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of California Irvine, USA
Name of Institution(s): University of California Irvine, USA
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Scholarship: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Masters
Nationality: All Nationalities
UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category
This scholarship program opportunity is open current undergraduate students through the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships’ annual online scholarship application. There will be three types of award program available, the regents’ scholarship, the chancellor’s excellence scholarship, the directors’ scholarship. The program aims at supporting outstanding students with good academic re cords with financial assistance.
To become eligible for this scholarship applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate and Master degree applicants must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 units in each academic quarter) at UCI (Doctoral degree students should not complete this application, please check with your department or Graduate Division for scholarship/fellowship opportunities)
- Applicants must have minimum 2.5 undergraduate admissions GPA or UCI cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if eligible, in order to qualify for need-based scholarships. The FAFSA can be filed at www.studentaid.ed.gov. Students who are not eligible to file a FAFSA and qualify for the AB 540 fee exemption waiver must submit a California Dream Act application in order to qualify for need-based scholarships. The California Dream Act application can be filed at dream.csac.ca.gov.
- Eligible students are undergraduate students pursuing their first bachelor’s degree who are either U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or eligible non-citizens.
- International students may apply for UCI scholarships, however they cannot file a FAFSA or CA DREAM Act Application, so they do not qualify for need-based scholarships.
For this program, there is no scholarship application, students are considered for the scholarships in this category based on the UC application for admission. Interested applicants should ensure they apply for these three scholarships before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023