For Essential Workers and International graduates, the Government of Canada is very happy to announce the new pathway to permanent residency for over 90,000.
Canada welcomes 401,000 new permanent residents for 2024 immigration plan and it welcomes people from around the globe.
Eligibility Criteria for The Canada Permanent Residency Program
- To be eligible, workers must have at least 1 year of Canadian work experience in a health-care profession or another pre-approved essential occupation.
- International graduates must have completed an eligible Canadian post-secondary program within the last 4 years.
- A detailed explanation of all eligibility requirements is available within the public policies.
For The Canada Permanent Residency Program, immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will begin accepting applications under the following 3 streams:
- 20,000 applications for temporary workers in health care
- 30,000 applications for temporary workers in other selected essential occupations
- 40,000 applications for international students who graduated from a Canadian institution
Application Deadline: Up to 90,000 new permanent residents will be admitted under these 3 streams and streams will remain open until they have reached their limit.