The Humphrey Fellowship Program is in Collaboration the government of the United States to provide fully funded scholarship awards to interested and qualified fellows. Applications are currently accepted for the Exclusive Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022.
About the Exclusive Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022
The Humphrey Fellowship Program is for experienced professionals interested in strengthening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and Fellows‘ home countries.
Fellows are placed at one of the taking parts in USA universities. Fellows cannot choose which university they will attend. Rather, they are assigned in diverse groups of 7-15 to the most appropriate host institution based on their area of interest and professional field.
Areas of study
As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. The eligible program fields are:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- The teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Target Group for the Exclusive Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022
Citizens of eligible countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere.
- Number of Awards Available: They annually award approximately 200 Fellows.
The Fellowship provides for:
Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events); Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences
Eligibility Requirements for the Exclusive Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022
The applicant must have:
- An undergraduate (first university) degree,
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States,
- Showed leadership qualities,
- A record of public service in the community, and
- English language ability
Application deadlines vary by country but fall around May to September each year. The nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission will advise you of its internal deadline for receiving applications. Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by 1 October.
Please contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or Bi-national Fulbright Commission in your country for more information about application procedures.
Applicants are advised to follow the official link for more details about the fellowship program and how to apply for it.
Sharing is Caring!