Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding Scholarships is currently open. Application Deadline: 15th January, 2021 (noon CET). It is also significant that the development and progress of this sector does not only occur in Europe and other developed countries, but there is a significant growth of the sector in emerging nations, where the usage of enhanced seeds is becoming a common practice.
Eligible Countries: International
NB: It is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Plant Breeding controlled by a group of six Universities and Graduate Schools across Europe :
- Institut Polytechnique UniLaSalle, France (ULS)
- Szent István University, Hungary (SZIU)
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden (SLU)
- Vienna, Austria (BOKU)- The University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
- Università Degli Studi di Milano, Italy (UMIL)
- Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain (UPV)
The Plant Breeding Scholarships – Erasmus Mundus Master Program: The Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding – emPLANT – is a two years Master degree offered by a group of six foremost European institution of higher education in the area of plant breeding, plant biology, seed technology and biotechnology in order to face the challenges of global changes such as population growth and climate change.
The aim of emPLANT is to provide remedy to the shortage of competent vastly skilled plant breeders on Master and PhD level with a training program that combines science, management, law, intercultural competence and language skills.
Eligibility for Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding Scholarships
To apply for the Erasmus+ Master Program in Plant Breeding, please check if you meet the requirements below:
- Awarded Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture/Agronomy, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Plant Biology, Master 1 Genetics, Molecular Biosciences or related relevant fields
- OR students in their last Bachelor year
- Language proficiency:
- B2 in English except when English is your mother tongue. Otherwise, please make available one of the following documents:
- Endorsed English test: IELTS 6.5 no section below 5.5 ; TOEFL 575 paper-based, 4,5 written, 190 computer-based, 90 internet-based (20 written), etc…
- Or an academic letter by a University proving that English is the medium of instruction of your higher education
- B1 in Spanish for those applying to UPV in year 2 except when Spanish is your mother tongue. Official test: DELE, ALTE, etc…
- Submission received before the window of the deadline closes
- Application form filled out in English
- Application containing all requested elements and documents
Number of Awards: 88 till 2024
Benefits of Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding Scholarships
In the process of applying, candidates by default apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship which is a full grant covering participation costs, travel costs, installation costs and living allowance.
Further info about the scholarship sum total and the distribution of scholarships are available in link below.
Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding Scholarships
- Proceeding to applying, applicant should make certain that they to go through the emPLANT website and in particular the “Program”, “Fees/Scholarship” and “How to apply” tabs in order to get a decent impression of the emPLANT Master’s Degree.
- While applying, ensure you possess all essential documents you must upload during the online application. The list of compulsory documents is available here.
- The web link to the online application is available here. Every question of the application form is vital and the response must differ from a question to another.
- Applicant should be vigilant, in caese any of the mandatory documents be corrupted/damaged/illegible/absent or wrong, the application will be rejected without any possibility of appeal.
- GOODLUCK as you apply for Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding Scholarships
It is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Plant Breeding controlled by a group of six Universities and Graduate Schools across Europe
Visit Programme Webpage for Details on Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding Scholarships.