Eiffel Excellence by French Government is currently obtainable. Scholars from Developing Nations in Engineering are summoned for The Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarships in France are for, Sciences, Economics and Management, Law and Political Science 2021/2022.
Application Deadline: 8th January 2021
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Emerging economies
To be taken at: France
Accepted Subject Areas: Eiffel Excellence by French Government are available in three main fields:
- master’s level (Engineering science)
- PhD level (engineering science; exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano- and biotechnology, earth sciences, sciences of the universe, environmental sciences, information and communication science and technology);
- Economics and management;
- Law and political sciences.
Type: Masters, PhD
Eligibility for Eiffel Excellence by French Government
- Only foreign nationals are qualified to apply for a scholarship from the French Government.
- In the situation of double nationality candidates, those with French nationality are unqualified.
- For MSc courses, applicants must be no older than 30 on the date of the selection committee meeting in March 2020; at PhD level, applicants should be beyond 35 on the meeting day of the selection committee (March 2020).
- Applications submitted by French educational establishments alone are accepted.
- Scholarships are for scholars wishing to enroll on a master’s course, including at an engineering school, and for PhD scholars. It does not apply to training under an apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract either.
- Educational institutions that shortlist non-French speaking candidates must make sure that their level of French is adequate to enable them to integrate satisfactorily into the anticipated course
- Addition with other scholarships: Overseas scholars who, at the time of application, have already been awarded a French government scholarship under another program are not qualified, whether scholarship in question does not include social security cover.
- PhD scholarships: Institutions may nominate an applicant who was formerly granted an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level for a scholarship at PhD level. Applicants who have already been granted an Eiffel scholarship on one occasion during their PhD cannot be granted it for a second time.
- Master’s scholarships: For any students who applied previously but was rejected their application will be accepted, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study.
- When pre-selecting non-French-speaking applicants, establishments must ensure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Eiffel Excellence by French Government Selection Criteria
The selection criteria for Eiffel Excellence by French Government
are as follows:
- The excellence of the candidate, as revealed by his or her university career so far and the originality of his or her research subject;
- The international policy of the establishment nominating the applicant, its action in the geographical area in question, the excellence of the host department, the institution’s compatibility with the applicant being nominated, its efforts to publicize the Eiffel Program and its continued support of scholarship holders, especially through a partnership with France Alumni (https://www.francealumni.fr/en);
The committee marks each applicant for these three criteria and calculates a whole score out of 50. Depending on the number available, it sets a minimum threshold for admissibility and distributes the scholarships as follows,:
- At least 70% of the scholarships are granted to the highest-scoring applicants;
- The remaining scholarships are disseminated among the establishments that have not gotten one, for applicants who attained scores above the minimum threshold.
These selected applications represent the definitive list of successful applicants.
Benefits of Eiffel Excellence by French Government
- The scholarship includes a monthly stipend of €1,181 (a maintenance stipend of €1,031 and a monthly stipend of €150).
- Furthermore, the following costs are directly covered: – one international return journey; Page 3 of 6 – social security cover; – cultural activities. Scholarship beneficiary may also get an added housing stipend, under certain conditions.
- Eiffel Excellence by French Government includes a monthly stipend of €1,400.
- In addition, these costs are very much covered: – one international return journey (for students in law or political sciences who may make several trips, only one return journey shall be covered); – social security finance; – cultural activities. Scholarship beneficiaries may also get an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
Duration: The scholarship is granted for:
- 12 months for entry at M2 level,
- 24 months for entry at M1 level,
- 36 months for an engineering degree.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for details to apply on Eiffel Excellence by French Government.