Good news! Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Challenge Grants are presently open. Four grants of up to GBP 2,500 each will be accessible for ACU members to meet the costs of organizing projects that promote the aims and priorities of the Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Network.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2021 11.59 pm UTC.
Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Challenge Grants: The Grants are granted to Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) members to aid initiatives advancing peace, reconciliation, and indigenous knowledge. The two main strategic concerns of the Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Network:
- Historical memory and trauma
- Institutional reform/indigenous knowledge
The Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Challenge Grants can be utilized for a varied range of projects, workshops and dealings in areas such as:
- Virtual exchange or teamwork, teaching / professional practice teamwork, sharing and co-development of learning materials, tools, training and methods to support contingency and continuity of operations planning at Higher Education Institutions.
- Virtual fellowships or teamwork, comparative analyses, research management and uptake capacity building, understanding and documenting indigenous knowledge and practices.
Eligibility for Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Challenge Grants
- This finance is only accessible for ACU fellows and we encourage candidates to work together with other ACU member institutions to uphold further Commonwealth partnerships.
- Grant application submissions that allow matching or further funds from the candidate’s institution will be looked upon favorably.
- Grantees are expected to submit a short interim report halfway through their project and an inclusive final report within one month after finishing their project.
Eligible Universities: ACU member universities
Number of Awards: 4
Benefits of Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Challenge Grants
Up to GBP 2,500 each
How to Apply for Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Challenge Grants
- Apply here for the Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Challenge Grants.
- It is imperative to go through all application prerequisite in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
- GOODLUCK as you apply for Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Challenge Grants.
The ACU – Association of Commonwealth Universities is a universal institution devoted to building a better world via higher education. We believe that global partnership is vital to this ambition. By bringing universities together from around the globe – and significantly the people who study and work within them ‒ we help to improve knowledge, promote understanding, enlarge minds, and improve lives.
We champion higher education as a foundation of more solid communities, supporting our fellows, partners, and investors as they adapt to a changing world. Universities contribute a critical influence to sustainable growth across the Commonwealth and beyond.
Our tactical plan – ‘The road to 2030’ – strengthens our essential belief that global trials can only be solved through international partnership, and our collective dedication to accomplishing the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through higher education.
A world, in which higher education rise above borders toughens societies, nurtures innovation, and lifts the lives of people all through the Commonwealth and beyond.
Our strategic priorities are:
- To champion the power of higher education to make lives better
- To aid the long-term vitality of institution of higher education (Universities)
- To engage and unite universities across borders, and promote partnership among them
- To provide educational opportunities that make a optimistic and lasting difference
- To sustain the ACU’s status for excellence and show its impact
We go all-out to excel in all we do, and endlessly reflect on our work to find new ways forward.
We have confidence that cooperation and sharing ideas makes us tougher
We hearten people to think vastly, be inquisitive, and walk around new ideas.
We treat others in the way we would like to be treated – with justice, integrity, and generosity.
We appreciate difference, and hearten and celebrate the diverse voices of our colleagues and partners.
Visit Award Webpage for Details on Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Challenge Grants.