Clark Fellowship is open to international students from all over the world who intend to undertake the postdoctoral research at The Clark Art Institute USA for academic year 2021-2022. Clark Fellowship provides between eleven and sixteen scholarships each year, varying in length from one to ten months, with the bulk awarded for one academic semester.
National and international scholars, critics, curators and museum professionals are welcome to propose projects that broaden and enhance the understanding of the visual arts and their role in culture. The Institution combines a public art museum with a complex set of research and academic programs, including a noteworthy art history library. Clark is a worldwide center for debate of the nature of art and its history. It is one of the little institutions in the United States that join a public art museum with researchandacademicprograms, including a major art history library. The Clark is now a foremost international center for research and discussion on the nature of art and art history.
The Clark is part of a handful of academic institutions worldwide with a dual mission as an art museum and a distinguished center for research and higher education, dedicated to evolving and extending the public understanding of art. The Clark’s mission and geographical location define three vital facets of its character and identity: the quality of its art, the beauty of its pastoral setting, and the depth of its commitment to the generation of ideas.
Deadline: October 15, 2020
Institution(s): The Clark Art Institute
Level of Study: Postdoctoral
Study in: USA
- Visual culture.
- Ranging in duration from one to ten months.
Benefits of Clark Fellowship
Clark Fellowship is awarded on a scale related to need and earnings, up to a maximum rate of $30,000 per semester. Fellows’ tax liability to the United States government will be considered in accordance with the tax regulations of the Internal Revenue Service on a case-by-case basis. Trip to and from the Clark will be reimbursed for the scholar and an accompanying family member.
Eligibility for Clark Fellowship
To be eligible for Clark Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- RequiredLanguage: English
- EligibleCountries: All world countries
- They can come from the academic or museum domains, or from other professional backgrounds.
- Candidates must have a PhD or demonstrate equivalent professional experience.
- They may be working, full- or part-time, or be independent scholars, curators, and/or critics.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent research skills: experience with independently carrying out empirical research, experience with qualitative research (conducting interviews, qualitative analysis), preferably also experience with quantitative research.
- Excellent social and communicative skills, and willingness to collaborate.
- Disciplinary knowledge and/or affinity with the following fields: digital media, youth studies, learning sciences, education, social anthropology, digital citizenship and cultural diversity.
- Willingness to engage in international research (international travel).
How to Apply for Clark Fellowship
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail Clark Fellowship:
- Fill out the application.
- Upload a description of your proposed project with a 500 character.
- Pen down your referees details (please note they have to send a one-page letter for this email [email protected]).
- After clicking the ‘submit’ button please send the following requirements to [email protected]
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF; 3 double-spaced pages or fewer).
- A well-constructed statement (PDF; 3 double-spaced pages or fewer) in English that states the assumptions and critical commitments that animate your project. It is important to situate the project within the context of existing research; to indicate what is new or unusual in both subject and/or method; and to explain why there is a disciplinary need for this particular project.
To know more about Clark Fellowship 2021, please visit Official Website