Chevening scholarship is currently open. Chevening Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is offered by Chevening organisation at UK universities. International students from eligible countries can apply for this scholarship. This scholarship is only available for master’s studies in any subject. Chevening Scholarship funds university tuition fees, a monthly accommodation allowance, an economy class return flight fare to the UK, and additional grants and stipends to cover important expenditure. There will be about 1,500 scholarships being offered worldwide. Chevening offers upcoming leaders and influencers from around the world a distinctive chance to develop professionally and academically, network widely, experience UK culture, and create enduring helpful interactions with the UK. Chevening is the international awards system of the UK government that wishes to grow worldwide leaders.
Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, Chevening provides two kinds of awards–Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships–with recipients personally chosen throughout the globe by British embassies and high commissions.
Deadline: November 3, 2020
Institution(s): UK Universities
Level of Study: Masters
Study in: UK
Full-time taught Master’s Degree Program in any subject.
It depends on the selected program but not more than one year postgraduate course.
Benefits of Chevening Scholarship
Chevening Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- University tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one visa application.
- Travel funding to attend Chevening occasions in the UK.
Eligibility for Chevening Scholarship
To be eligible for Chevening Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- RequiredLanguage: English. Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 15 July 2021 either by taking an English language test or claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
- QualifiedCountries: The scholarships are for citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the certified website for whole list of countries qualified for Chevening scholarships.
- Go back to your country of citizenship for at least of two years after your scholarship is concluded
- Have ended all components of an undergraduate degree that will empower you to gain entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have minimum of two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three (3) seperate appropriate UK university courses and have gotten an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
You are not qualified for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Have British or double British citizenship (except you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Have refugee status in a non-Chevening qualified country. Candidates who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are qualified for a scholarship.
- Are a worker, a previous worker, or relative* of an employee (since July 2018) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for International Development; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, previous employees, or families* of an employee (since July 2018) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot get a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through families.
- Have previously schooled in the UK with backing from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Chevening Scholarship:
- Choose your country from here, then choose Chevening Scholarship.
- Create an account here.
- Fill your profile with your personal information, save the data and validate your profile, then start your application.
- Complete the quiz to assure your eligibility for the Scholarship.
- Fill the application with the required data and prepare the following documents:
- Completed education documents.
- English language qualification.
- Conditional offers for anticipated courses of study (up to three).
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three) (You must upload at least one unconditional offer by 15 July 2021).
- References (If you are invited to interview you will be invited to upload two references. The deadline is 25 February 2021).
- Passport / ID document.
- Submit the application.
To know more about Chevening Scholarships 2021, please visit https://www.chevening.org/