There is an amazing educational opportunity in form of Chancellor Scholarship Grants at the University of Sussex. This study award is provided by the Chancellor and its seeks to support those high achieving and bright students who wish to study in the UK.
Description of the University of Sussex
The University of Sussex is a public research institution situated in Falmer, Brighton, England, and was established in 1966. There are 16,820 students at the university, with around a quarter of them being postgraduates. UK or EU students make up 76 per cent of the student body, while international students make up 24 per cent. The University employed 3,925 people in 2018-19, which equates to 2,564 full-time employees.
About the Chancellor Scholarship Grants at University of Sussex UK 2021/2022
The university is pleased to offer scholarships to UK, EU, and international students undertaking the master’s degrees. Scholarships are given out on academic achievement and provide funding for tuition reduction. This is a wonderful opportunity for students interested in studying in the United Kingdom.
- Acceptable Countries: International Students are eligible to apply for this study programme. That is majorly for Non UK/EU Applicants.
- Degree Level: MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, Postgraduate Diploma, and Graduate Diploma at the university, with a few exceptions
- Value of Grants: 50% off the tuition fee for the eligible foreign students
- Number of Scholarships Available: About 25 students will be awarded.
- Duration of the Scholarship: One Year
Eligible Requirements for the Chancellor’s Scholarship
To be qualified for the Chancellor’s International Scholarship, candidates must meet all the following requirements:
- Must Have applied for and been offered a place to study on a full-time Postgraduate Taught degree at the University of Sussex (e.g., MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, Postgraduate Diploma, and Graduate Diploma) excluding a few degrees listed on the website (link below)
- Be evaluated as liable to pay fees at the “overseas” (namely the non-EU) rate.
- Have sufficient funds to meet your tuition fees and living expenses, after considering the award of a Chancellor’s International Scholarship.
- Plan to remain on the programme for which the scholarship is offered.
- Students who hold other University of Sussex scholarships will not be eligible for the Chancellors International Scholarship.
Basis for the Selection Process
- Academic Performance
- Drive, ambitions and academic potential
- Work Experience, subject related skills and extra-curricular activity
- Potential for positive impact on the country of origin
- Academic Match
A selection panel will assess these factors in Sussex using the information provided on the Scholarship Application Form. The selectors will pay special attention to the information provided in the personal statement section of the form. They do not award scholarships based on financial needs.
Application Procedure for the University of Sussex Chancellor’s Scholarship
- To apply for this scholarship, you must first have applied to study through the University of Sussex online postgraduate application system.
- When you have applied for your course, apply for the scholarship using the application form.
- Confirmation of submission will be sent automatically following your submission. If you do not receive this, please ensure that you check your junk/deletion folder for this notification, as it may be sent directly to these folders depending on your email security settings.
Students accepting a Chancellor’s International Scholarship may be required to pursue occasional promotional or support duties for the University of Sussex, agreed between the student and the University.
If you find this article useful please share to your family and friends using the share button on this website, You can also subscribe for more informative updates